SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

EntityList workflow will not trigger

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

ilgy asked a question on 15 Feb 2017 9:41 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I have an on-premise version of the portal set up and have an entitylist with a workflow defined.  This works fine.  I have created an online trial account with the portal and have the exact same configuration and the workflow will not fire.  I have verified the workflow is activated and I can trigger it via the CRM ui ok but it will not work in the portal.   When I click the "run workflow" nothing happens.  I am at a loss.

Inogic responded on 16 Feb 2017 4:45 AM
My Badges

Make sure the workflow you have called on trigger of the button should have below points.

Scope of workflow: Organization

workflow should be on-demand process.

You could also try by restarting portal.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

ilgy responded on 16 Feb 2017 7:38 AM
My Badges

I have tried that and just went back and verified the steps again.  I still get nothing.  I have verified it is at least triggering some event javascript on the page but being minified I cant really follow the code.  It provides no feedback though.  I have the exact same setup working fine in the on-premise version of the portal (you know the one where EVERYTHING seemed to work including custom javascript on an entitylist.  LOL ).  I will say though I do like the new feature allowing FetchXML as filter Criteria for actions on the entity list.  That will eliminate a lot of the jQuery I had to disable stuff.  Well back to the problem at hand.  Thanks

ilgy responded on 16 Feb 2017 10:21 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I have narrowed down the issue.  If I have "Confirmation Required?" set to YES in the Entity List the workflow will not trigger.  It triggers the workflow fine if this is set to NO.  I have even re-created the entity list and page to be sure it wasn't something funny with the page.  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Marco Antonio responded on 8 Oct 2018 11:07 AM

I have the same issue when the flag "Confirmation Required" is set to "Yes" the process does not work at all.

ilgy responded on 16 Feb 2017 10:21 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I have narrowed down the issue.  If I have "Confirmation Required?" set to YES in the Entity List the workflow will not trigger.  It triggers the workflow fine if this is set to NO.  I have even re-created the entity list and page to be sure it wasn't something funny with the page.  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS