SBX - Forum Post Title

Use of "Legacy Form Rendering" is enabled

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

N B asked a question on 10 Apr 2019 1:11 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi experts,
In my requirement, my javascript is working and "Legacy Form Rendering" is disabled.
When "Legacy Form Rendering" is enabled then javascript is displays error popup in my entity. 
Mandatory:- In my requirement, "Legacy Form Rendering" should be enabled.

Suggest me to solve this issue. 

Rajesh Chungath responded on 10 Apr 2019 1:19 AM
My Badges

Please share the error message what you are getting.

Also debug your javascript so you get clue on what is breaking  

N B responded on 10 Apr 2019 1:24 AM
My Badges

The error is nothing but empty popup.

we have debugged the script.

I found that "Legacy Form Rendering" is enabled.

By enabling "Legacy Form Rendering", Can you suggest me the solution.

Rawish Kumar responded on 10 Apr 2019 2:05 AM
Suggested Answer

Microsoft recommends new turbo forms rendering. Use of legacy form rendering is not really recommended ( you could still use it though)

and if you script is not working in legacy , looks like you have something unsupported methods in it.

provide the script so we can look.

Suggested Answer

Hi

As suggested, you should be moving away from Legacy form rendering as its slow to load. Many new controls, especially things like Editable grid you have to have Legacy rendering disabled. Since you are CRM online, i dont see the point of having the legacy rendering enabled as a mandatory requirement. Are you using any third party solution that can only work in legacy mode?

I would definitely recommend you convert the legacy dependent component to work with new form rendering.

Please refer to the links below to know more about the benefits

carldesouza.com/enable-and-disable-turbo-forms-in-dynamics-365

crmtipoftheday.com/.../legacy-form-rendering

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Make sure "Enabled legacy form Rendering" means you are intentionally not using the Turbo forms functionality which MS released for performance.  So better to fix the error and share the JS code which will align with new form rendering  functionality.

Rawish Kumar responded on 10 Apr 2019 2:05 AM
Suggested Answer

Microsoft recommends new turbo forms rendering. Use of legacy form rendering is not really recommended ( you could still use it though)

and if you script is not working in legacy , looks like you have something unsupported methods in it.

provide the script so we can look.

Suggested Answer

Hi

As suggested, you should be moving away from Legacy form rendering as its slow to load. Many new controls, especially things like Editable grid you have to have Legacy rendering disabled. Since you are CRM online, i dont see the point of having the legacy rendering enabled as a mandatory requirement. Are you using any third party solution that can only work in legacy mode?

I would definitely recommend you convert the legacy dependent component to work with new form rendering.

Please refer to the links below to know more about the benefits

carldesouza.com/enable-and-disable-turbo-forms-in-dynamics-365

crmtipoftheday.com/.../legacy-form-rendering

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Make sure "Enabled legacy form Rendering" means you are intentionally not using the Turbo forms functionality which MS released for performance.  So better to fix the error and share the JS code which will align with new form rendering  functionality.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS