SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

KIL asked a question on 15 Apr 2019 10:01 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello !

When I try to change the account (parentcustomerid) field of a contact entity, I can't save anymore and when I try, I have this error :

"Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: An unexpected error occurred.Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts">
<ActivityId>c82b32e7-dd70-4d59-ba07-74a9a0972c8f</ActivityId>
<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic" />
<Message>An unexpected error occurred.</Message>
<Timestamp>2019-04-15T14:37:13.4076898Z</Timestamp>
<ExceptionRetriable>false</ExceptionRetriable>
<ExceptionSource i:nil="true" />
<InnerFault i:nil="true" />
<OriginalException i:nil="true" />
<TraceText i:nil="true" />
</OrganizationServiceFault"

I think I have the same problem with the account merging.

I have deactivated js and workflow and business rule of CRM and it still don't work...

I would appreciate any insight on how to solve my problem.

Thank you in advance ! :)

Suggested Answer

Hi

The error message above is a generic message and it does not point to the actual error message

It is more likely that a plugin or real-time workflow fails but that error is not surfaced to the UI.

I would suggest you enable the tracing on your CRM server and get the actual error message to fix this issue

You can enable tracing using the following tool

archive.codeplex.com

Download the archive, unzip, under the releases folder, rename the file inside the folder 5 to .zip and unzip this to get the actual exe. Copy this across to crm server an run and enable trace

And you can use the traced reader to identify the error easily

archive.codeplex.com

Download the archive, unzip the file, under the releases folder, rename the file in folder 3 to .exe and this is the reader application. Copy this across to CRM server to read the trace file

Make sure you disable the tracing once you done the debugging as it will be logging a lot of data and might quickly fill up the server hard disk

Ravi Kashyap responded on 15 Apr 2019 7:42 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

In addition to JS, workflow & Business Rule, try deactivating plugins and see if it still happens.

Hope this helps.

KIL2 responded on 16 Apr 2019 7:45 AM

Hi Kokulan thank you for your help!

I tried this !

However in Dynamics CRM Trace Reader , I have no more information....

KIL2 responded on 16 Apr 2019 7:47 AM

Hi Ravi thank you for your help!

When I tried deactivating plugins , I have an Error and Plugin can't be deleted

<----

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException

The PluginType(0f150589-7b39-4a18-933e-941b46b6b898) component cannot be deleted because it is referenced by 1 other components. For a list of referenced components, use the RetrieveDependenciesForDeleteRequest.

Server stack trace:
à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
à Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.IOrganizationService.Delete(String entityName, Guid id)
à Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceProxy.DeleteCore(String entityName, Guid id)
à Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceProxy.Delete(String entityName, Guid id)
à Xrm.Sdk.PluginRegistration.Helpers.RegistrationHelper.Unregister(CrmOrganization org, ProgressIndicator prog, ICrmEntity[] crmEntity)
à Xrm.Sdk.PluginRegistration.MainControl.toolUnregister_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<ActivityId>6c1588f9-70fa-4489-8153-5658b60f5621</ActivityId>
<ErrorCode>-2147160033</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDetails xmlns:a="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic">
<KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>
<a:key>0</a:key>
<a:value i:type="b:string" xmlns:b="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">PluginType</a:value>
</KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>
<a:key>1</a:key>
<a:value i:type="b:string" xmlns:b="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">0f150589-7b39-4a18-933e-941b46b6b898</a:value>
<a:key>2</a:key>
<a:value i:type="b:string" xmlns:b="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">1</a:value>
</ErrorDetails>
<Message>The PluginType(0f150589-7b39-4a18-933e-941b46b6b898) component cannot be deleted because it is referenced by 1 other components. For a list of referenced components, use the RetrieveDependenciesForDeleteRequest.</Message>
<Timestamp>2019-04-16T12:59:29.7072212Z</Timestamp>
<InnerFault>
<ActivityId>6c1588f9-70fa-4489-8153-5658b60f5621</ActivityId>
<ErrorCode>-2147160033</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDetails xmlns:a="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
<Message>The PluginType(0f150589-7b39-4a18-933e-941b46b6b898) component cannot be deleted because it is referenced by 1 other components. For a list of referenced components, use the RetrieveDependenciesForDeleteRequest.</Message>
<Timestamp>2019-04-16T12:59:29.7072212Z</Timestamp>
<InnerFault i:nil="true" />
</InnerFault>
</OrganizationServiceFault>

---->

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Apr 2019 7:14 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Sorry if I was not clear before, I need you to "Deactivate" plugins not "Delete". You can do this by

1) Navigating to Settings >> Customizations >> Customize the system. This will open the customization screen.

2) IN the customization screen, on left side, select SDK Message Proccessing steps. This will load all the Plugin steps registered in the system.

3) From the list, select the plugins related to contact entity and click deactivate.

Also, can you check if this is happening on all records or just few?

Hope this helps.

KIL2 responded on 17 Apr 2019 2:42 AM

Hello Ravi thank you for your reply!

I Deactivated all Plugin for testing.

And I published all personalizations.

But Problems are always present.

Suggested Answer

Hi

The error message above is a generic message and it does not point to the actual error message

It is more likely that a plugin or real-time workflow fails but that error is not surfaced to the UI.

I would suggest you enable the tracing on your CRM server and get the actual error message to fix this issue

You can enable tracing using the following tool

archive.codeplex.com

Download the archive, unzip, under the releases folder, rename the file inside the folder 5 to .zip and unzip this to get the actual exe. Copy this across to crm server an run and enable trace

And you can use the traced reader to identify the error easily

archive.codeplex.com

Download the archive, unzip the file, under the releases folder, rename the file in folder 3 to .exe and this is the reader application. Copy this across to CRM server to read the trace file

Make sure you disable the tracing once you done the debugging as it will be logging a lot of data and might quickly fill up the server hard disk

Ravi Kashyap responded on 15 Apr 2019 7:42 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

In addition to JS, workflow & Business Rule, try deactivating plugins and see if it still happens.

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Apr 2019 7:14 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Sorry if I was not clear before, I need you to "Deactivate" plugins not "Delete". You can do this by

1) Navigating to Settings >> Customizations >> Customize the system. This will open the customization screen.

2) IN the customization screen, on left side, select SDK Message Proccessing steps. This will load all the Plugin steps registered in the system.

3) From the list, select the plugins related to contact entity and click deactivate.

Also, can you check if this is happening on all records or just few?

Hope this helps.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS