SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Incorrect User name is displayed on the top right hand corner, when a User logs into MS CRM 2015

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Arjun Singh asked a question on 17 May 2019 10:43 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I’m facing an issue in MS CRM 2015 wherein when a User say User A logs into MS CRM using Internet Explorer, in-correct User name is displayed at the top right hand corner of the MS CRM ribbon. The User name displayed is not User A but User B. But, the dashboard that gets displayed is that of User A. It is only the top ribbon user name that is in correct. Rest of the information being displayed i.e. dashboard, data in the dashboard are correct.

When the user refreshes the page, correct user is displayed.

Suggested Answer

Hi

That sounds like a caching issue.  Does this happen every single time user logs in  or the issue is intermittent?

01.I would try and clear cache completely and see if that helps at all

02.You could try and login using Private mode and see if it still shows the User B first and then only shows the user A after refresh

03. Try on different browser like Chrome and if possible in Incognito mode as well

04. I would also try and login as the user on different machine to make to rule out its not a server side issue.

Arjun Singh responded on 17 May 2019 3:03 PM

Hi Kokulan,

Thanks for your response.

The issue happens intermittently once in a month or two.

I have tried clearing cache but it happens to the user again after a month or two.

The issue happens randomly to different user on different machines.

Suggested Answer

I would check if there are Proxy servers or Citrix Virtual Environment or any other setup that could cache content? if so you might want to disable caching for some time and see if this happens again.  

Suggested Answer

Hi

That sounds like a caching issue.  Does this happen every single time user logs in  or the issue is intermittent?

01.I would try and clear cache completely and see if that helps at all

02.You could try and login using Private mode and see if it still shows the User B first and then only shows the user A after refresh

03. Try on different browser like Chrome and if possible in Incognito mode as well

04. I would also try and login as the user on different machine to make to rule out its not a server side issue.

Suggested Answer

I would check if there are Proxy servers or Citrix Virtual Environment or any other setup that could cache content? if so you might want to disable caching for some time and see if this happens again.  

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS