"Microsoft CRM Splash Screen has stopped working"

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Benoit Somers asked a question on 19 May 2011 1:04 PM

Hello,

I know that when launching CRM 2011 on a server with IE9, you get the "microsoft crm splash screen has stopped working" error. I understand I can get around this by launching "server.exe" directly from the \server\amd64-folder.

However, what and where should I launch to install the other options (and in my specific case Reporting Extensions)?

Any more formal solution to this very stupid problem anyway?

Thanks!

Mav.

Suggested Answer
Erman Guler responded on 21 May 2011 11:29 AM

Hi, it is not the solution. but it can be work in compatibility mode.

if so you can set "use always compatibility mode" for crm url.

Benoit Somers responded on 21 May 2011 5:52 PM

Euh, not really sure what you mean. I am talking about the splash screen to actually install CRM and the different parts on a server. After installing IE9 on the server, the splash screen crashes and unless I now exactly what it launches, I am not able to install additional options. I tried to run the splash-application by the way in compatibility mode, but it still crashes...

Sven Vanoirbeek responded on 22 May 2011 3:53 AM

Which setup are you using? The one included with the latest rollup 17?

Benoit Somers responded on 22 May 2011 7:23 AM

No, this is when installing CRM 2011 on WIndows 2008 that has IE9 installed. When you launch the splash-application to start installing in that specific environment, the application crashes. A workaround is to launch the individual installations manually, but I don't know the command lines for them all (e.g. server/amd64/setupserver.exe will launch the server setup).

Regards,

Mav.

Benoit Somers responded on 23 May 2011 2:01 PM

Find part of the answer myself in the meanwhile: the Reporting Services Extension (necessary to be able to create new organizations) is installed by running \server\amd64\srsdataconnector.

Suggested Answer
Sven Vanoirbeek responded on 13 Jun 2011 8:44 AM

I've experienced the exact same issue and have found a better workaround. You need to temporarily remove Internet Explorer 9. This will solve the issue.

More infor can be found here mshelp.be/crm-2011-splash-screen-has-stopped-working-382.htm

Kevinh21 responded on 25 Feb 2014 2:39 PM

I love this answer.  I only had IE 9 because it was a recommended upgrade.. Does it make sense that this should be necessary?  A Mega Software company can't make software play nice with the browser or vice verse?  I guess they pay the bills...

AFTAB HUSSAIN responded on 9 Mar 2014 4:10 PM

Hello Benoit,

Refer to the link - support.microsoft.com/.../2709872

Hope this helps.

Thank You!

Suggested Answer
Erman Guler responded on 21 May 2011 11:29 AM

Hi, it is not the solution. but it can be work in compatibility mode.

if so you can set "use always compatibility mode" for crm url.

Suggested Answer
Sven Vanoirbeek responded on 13 Jun 2011 8:44 AM

I've experienced the exact same issue and have found a better workaround. You need to temporarily remove Internet Explorer 9. This will solve the issue.

More infor can be found here mshelp.be/crm-2011-splash-screen-has-stopped-working-382.htm