SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Cannot add server in existing deployment: Requested value 'Geo' was not found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Patrice Mariet asked a question on 8 May 2013 12:02 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hello,

we have two healthy CRM 2011 UR13 server on an SQL2008R2 cluster back-end.

When attempting to install 3rd server, we had to bypass key and db version checks with registry entry  decribed in the famous MSDN blog entry.

Install fails with

11:28:48|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddServerAction
11:28:48|  Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddServerAction failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'Geo' was not found.    at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)    at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)  

Same result with a MSDN and a Volume distribution; both are a release level 5.0.9688.583

The 2 installed servers are at 5.0.9690.3448

How can I complete setup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patrice Mariet

Amit Verma responded on 8 May 2013 7:22 AM
My Badges

Hi Patrice,

Please download the CRM Server 2011 installation from this location: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx and then try installing.

Patrice Mariet responded on 8 May 2013 7:30 AM
My Badges

Hi Amit,

that's what I attempted earlier - was advised by a CRM developer to use that kit.

However I'm now stuck with product language lookup:

14:47:19|   Info| Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Setup did not complete successfully.

Requested value 'Geo' was not found.

14:47:19|  Error| Setup did not complete successfully.

14:48:29|   Info| === Setup bootstrap logging started 5/8/2013 2:48:29 PM ===

14:48:29|   Info| Bootstrap version: 5.0.9690.1992.

14:48:29|   Info| User: safeadmin.

14:48:29|  Error| MsiOpenPackage failed while trying to read property ProductLanguage

14:48:29|  Error| MsiOpenPackage(C:\Users\safeadmin\Downloads\SW_DVD5_Dyn_CRM_Svr_2011_English_64SvrSETUP\Server.msi) failed.(error = 1638) (msiutility.cpp:CMsiUtility::GetProductProperty:264).

14:48:40|  Error| MsiOpenPackage(C:\Users\safeadmin\Downloads\SW_DVD5_Dyn_CRM_Svr_2011_English_64SvrSETUP\Server.msi) failed., Error, OK

14:48:40|   Info| InputResult: OK

14:48:40|  Error| MsiOpenPackage failed while trying to read property ProductLanguage

14:48:40|  Error| MsiOpenPackage(C:\Users\safeadmin\Downloads\SW_DVD5_Dyn_CRM_Svr_2011_English_64SvrSETUP\Server.msi) failed.(error = 1638) (msiutility.cpp:CMsiUtility::GetProductProperty:264).

14:48:49|  Error| MsiOpenPackage(C:\Users\safeadmin\Downloads\SW_DVD5_Dyn_CRM_Svr_2011_English_64SvrSETUP\Server.msi) failed., Error, OK

14:48:49|   Info| InputResult: OK

14:48:49|   Info| Clean up the BITS downloader.

Tried to remove all traces of initial aborted setup yet without success.

Any clue?

Thanks & Regards

Patrice Mariet

Amit Verma responded on 8 May 2013 8:43 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Patrice,

Try to use Microsoft Fix It tool to uninstall and then try installing from the fresh downloaded file from the specified link in my previous post.

You can Run the Fix It tool from this location: support.microsoft.com/.../program_install_and_uninstall

Please choose the option "Detect the problems and let me select the fixes to apply" in the wizard, followed by "Uninstalling".

Patrice Mariet responded on 14 May 2013 2:41 AM
My Badges

Hi Amit,

yes  fixit enabled to go beyond error in title.

I had to use IgnoreChecks tweak to be able to start setup despite of "The Product key is not compatible with installed version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM."

Now install fails with "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddLicenseAction failed. Cannot upgrade to specified license type."

Question 1: How can I retrieve the correct product key in config database as used by the 2 other servers?

Question 2: Should I open a new post for this setup failure?

Thanks & Regards,

Patrice Mariet

Amit Verma responded on 8 May 2013 8:43 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Patrice,

Try to use Microsoft Fix It tool to uninstall and then try installing from the fresh downloaded file from the specified link in my previous post.

You can Run the Fix It tool from this location: support.microsoft.com/.../program_install_and_uninstall

Please choose the option "Detect the problems and let me select the fixes to apply" in the wizard, followed by "Uninstalling".

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS