Turn off a Business Process Flow in CRM 2013

Question Status

Verified
Jovan asked a question on 19 Nov 2013 8:54 AM

Does anyone know how to properly disable a business process flow in CRM 2013?  I have deactivated the Process but am still seeing the Flow UI when I open the form.

Saumil Shah responded on 20 Nov 2013 12:33 AM

Select the business process flow and click Deactivated.

That is only the proper way to deactivate it.

Suggested Answer
Marco Di Lorenzo responded on 21 Nov 2013 12:16 AM

Hi Jovan,

follow this:

garethtuckercrm.com/.../crm-2013-new-features-business-process-flows

Let me know

Suggested Answer
Chetan Waghmare responded on 21 Nov 2013 6:11 PM

As Saumil informed select the business process flow you want to remove and then and click 'Deactivated' if still you are able to see it please let us know .

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 22 Nov 2013 7:10 AM

I haven't verified this but simply deactivating the process doesn't remove the associations between the process and the record, likely because you could later reactivate the process if you needed to. I believe you need to remove the associations all together in order to not see any process displayed. Problem is there is no way to do this directly, you would need some custom code to remove the process reference from the record.

This code sample is a good reference: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Change-Dynamics-CRM-2013-a6beb85e
Suggested Answer
Jovan responded on 27 Nov 2013 9:51 AM

This is the correct answer.  It appears that when you deactivate a process flow, it will no longer appear on the form for all new records, but the association remains for all previously created records.

Joe Dubs responded on 22 Oct 2014 9:37 AM

That is correct Jason. Even with the BPF deactivated it still shows the ribbon in any records that were created while it was active. Does anyone know if this will be fixed in the next release? By the way, nice to meet you at the Summit last week.

Neil Benson responded on 20 Jun 2016 8:03 PM

Following the SDK to make an API call to programmatically remove the association between the business process flow and your records is fine if you are a crack shot like Jason Lattimer and Visual Studio is your weapon of choice. Unfortunately, I live in Australia where assault weapons are heavily regulated.

So I have to use my Swiss Army Knife (SAK instead of SDK!?): the Data Import Wizard. I used Advanced Find to query for a list of records that had a value in the Process ID column and included the Process ID column in my results. Export to Excel as an *.xlsx file, delete the Process ID values, reimport to CRM using the Data Import Wizard. Boom! (CRM Online 2016 update 1).

Suggested Answer
Somesh Siripuram responded on 14 Jul 2016 10:10 PM

The best and easiest way to remove BPF from new as well as existing records is to delete the Business process flow.

Additionally, if you think of reactivating the BPF in future, you could create a copy of the BPF using "Save As" option, and delete the existing BPF.

See the steps to achieve this here: https://mscrmonline.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/crm-2013-how-to-remove-business-process-flow/ 

Somesh Siripuram

CRM Consultant

Suggested Answer
jaye211 responded on 7 Sep 2016 9:19 AM

I created a simple on-demand workflow to remove the BPF from a record. 

Add Step/Perform Action... Action= SetProcess, Entity = None (global)... Set Properties/Target = Dynamic Value of intended entity. Run the workflow on the record and the BPF will disappear when you refresh. 

Hope this helps. 

MarkPittsnh responded on 21 Aug 2017 10:18 PM

Neil,

Unfortunately, your approach did not work for me. The processid got emptied out, but the BPF continues to display on the form.

Was I supposed to empty out any other columns, in addition to the processid?

Cheers,

Mark

MarkPittsnh responded on 21 Aug 2017 10:22 PM

Jason,

As far as I know, the code you reference is intended to change the stage related to the current BPF. How can it be modified to disassociate the process from an existing opportunity.

Cheers,

Mark

uefa_celt responded on 15 Oct 2017 6:02 PM

This worked ok for me in CRM 2016 8.1. Make sure to click on Set Properties on the action and select the Target entity.

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 22 Nov 2013 7:10 AM

I haven't verified this but simply deactivating the process doesn't remove the associations between the process and the record, likely because you could later reactivate the process if you needed to. I believe you need to remove the associations all together in order to not see any process displayed. Problem is there is no way to do this directly, you would need some custom code to remove the process reference from the record.

This code sample is a good reference: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Change-Dynamics-CRM-2013-a6beb85e
Suggested Answer
Marco Di Lorenzo responded on 21 Nov 2013 12:16 AM

Hi Jovan,

follow this:

garethtuckercrm.com/.../crm-2013-new-features-business-process-flows

Let me know

Suggested Answer
Chetan Waghmare responded on 21 Nov 2013 6:11 PM

As Saumil informed select the business process flow you want to remove and then and click 'Deactivated' if still you are able to see it please let us know .

Suggested Answer
Jovan responded on 27 Nov 2013 9:51 AM

This is the correct answer.  It appears that when you deactivate a process flow, it will no longer appear on the form for all new records, but the association remains for all previously created records.

Suggested Answer
Somesh Siripuram responded on 14 Jul 2016 10:10 PM

The best and easiest way to remove BPF from new as well as existing records is to delete the Business process flow.

Additionally, if you think of reactivating the BPF in future, you could create a copy of the BPF using "Save As" option, and delete the existing BPF.

See the steps to achieve this here: https://mscrmonline.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/crm-2013-how-to-remove-business-process-flow/ 

Somesh Siripuram

CRM Consultant

Suggested Answer
jaye211 responded on 7 Sep 2016 9:19 AM

I created a simple on-demand workflow to remove the BPF from a record. 

Add Step/Perform Action... Action= SetProcess, Entity = None (global)... Set Properties/Target = Dynamic Value of intended entity. Run the workflow on the record and the BPF will disappear when you refresh. 

Hope this helps.