CRM 2013 "Invalid" Created by date

Question Status

Verified
Wanna-B-EA asked a question on 9 Jan 2014 1:36 AM

When I create Notes on any record of any entity, the system immediately displays the 'created by' and  'created on' as 'you' with the date and time as 'just now'. However as soon as I refresh the page, the system reflects the User (created by) correctly but the date as "invalid date".

No changes have been made on the 'created on' field on the Notes entity.

Why would it not Store the date?

Suggested Answer
Rugved Gokhale responded on 9 Jan 2014 3:33 AM

Hi,

check for the date settings in "Set Personal Options" window whether it is matching to your timezone. A difference in your actual & selected timezone might give you changed dates.

Wanna-B-EA responded on 9 Jan 2014 7:22 AM

Hi Rugved

I have checked the time zone, nothing wrong there it matches the actual time zone.

The problem I face is not that it gives me the wrong date, it actually gives me no time/date at all. It literally reads as "Invalid Date"

KBGirl responded on 9 Jan 2014 7:35 AM

Hi there:

This looks like an issue that is set to be resolved with the CRM 2013 Update Rollup 1: support.microsoft.com/.../2891271. I would suggest installing the RU1 to see if this resolves your issue.

*Notes control shows time but not date for notes created before yesterday.

Thanks,

Kelly

Wanna-B-EA responded on 9 Jan 2014 11:53 PM

Hi KBGIRL

I also thought it would, but I installed these updates already and it had no effect :/

Wanna-B-EA responded on 10 Jan 2014 12:00 AM

"*Notes control shows time but not date for notes created before yesterday."

Just to comment - As soon as I hit refresh the date reflects as invalid date, it does not even keep it for a day. Before and after the update. :|

Verified Answer
KBGirl responded on 10 Jan 2014 11:26 AM

Hmm. Not that this will make you feel much better but other users are experiencing the same issue: social.microsoft.com/.../crm-dynamics-2013-on-premise-problems-with-notes-on-the-case-forms.

Since installing the update didn't resolve this issue, and it doesn't appear to be an isolated incident on your instance alone, I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft support or your Microsoft consultant/rep (if you have one designated to your org).

Kelly

Wanna-B-EA responded on 12 Jan 2014 11:26 PM

It does actually help - I now know I am not insane, and not alone :) I will definitely get this to the MS Partner we worked with. Thank you very much!

kaonix responded on 23 Jan 2014 7:45 AM

Same problem here. Did you get it resolved? Update Rollup 1 did not fix the issue it still remains.

Wanna-B-EA responded on 28 Jan 2014 12:31 AM

Hi Kanoix

No I did not get it resolved yet. Unfortunately it seems like Microsoft is not planning on responding to it at all... From the threads shared above by KBGIRL I am even less confident that they will respond

Wanna-B-EA responded on 28 Jan 2014 12:32 AM

Sorry I meant Kaonix...

Jens Tore Fremmegaard responded on 19 Feb 2014 2:43 AM

I have tried to get Microsoft to fix this on their Connect site, but I need more votes. They seem to be unaware that this is a big issue for us. "Not currently on our roadmap" was the reply

Vote on connect.microsoft.com/.../bug-invalid-date-on-notes for this to be fixed

Wanna-B-EA responded on 19 Feb 2014 11:11 PM

Hi Jens

Thank you

I tried the link, it gives me a "page not found" - perhaps they are very aware...#conspiracytheory

:)

Verified Answer
Thomas Rath responded on 19 Jun 2014 11:58 AM

Hi

We encountered the same problem in our CRM2013 on-prem after migrating from CRM on-line. Dates where either shown as "invalid date" or completely wrong. There is not doubt that there is a serious bug in the product. But the work around that fixed it for us was to change the date format on the CRM server to English (US).

Follow these steps:

1. Open the IIS manager

2. Choose .Net Globalization

3. Change Culture and UI Culture to "English (United States) (en-US)". I don't know if both are necessary.

4. Apply changes

5. Do an IIS reset

Bada bing! That fixed our date issue!

Hope it helps other with similar problems.

Ben responded on 20 Jun 2014 12:51 AM

Hi Thomas,

It unfortunately didn't do the trick from my side.

But I noticed that we only have the issue with Google Chrome so maybe we have a sligthly different issue.

Hopefully it worked for others..

Best regards,

Wanna-B-EA responded on 20 Jun 2014 2:08 AM

Good Day Thomas

Thank you, this actually did the trick!!!!! And the best part is it actually now shows the date correctly for notes entered into the system prior to this fix. So this fix goes all the way ,really great news. Thank you so much for the information!

Regards

Verified Answer
KBGirl responded on 10 Jan 2014 11:26 AM

Hmm. Not that this will make you feel much better but other users are experiencing the same issue: social.microsoft.com/.../crm-dynamics-2013-on-premise-problems-with-notes-on-the-case-forms.

Since installing the update didn't resolve this issue, and it doesn't appear to be an isolated incident on your instance alone, I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft support or your Microsoft consultant/rep (if you have one designated to your org).

Kelly

Verified Answer
Thomas Rath responded on 19 Jun 2014 11:58 AM

Hi

We encountered the same problem in our CRM2013 on-prem after migrating from CRM on-line. Dates where either shown as "invalid date" or completely wrong. There is not doubt that there is a serious bug in the product. But the work around that fixed it for us was to change the date format on the CRM server to English (US).

Follow these steps:

1. Open the IIS manager

2. Choose .Net Globalization

3. Change Culture and UI Culture to "English (United States) (en-US)". I don't know if both are necessary.

4. Apply changes

5. Do an IIS reset

Bada bing! That fixed our date issue!

Hope it helps other with similar problems.

Suggested Answer
Rugved Gokhale responded on 9 Jan 2014 3:33 AM

Hi,

check for the date settings in "Set Personal Options" window whether it is matching to your timezone. A difference in your actual & selected timezone might give you changed dates.