SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Installed RU 17 for CRM 2011....and now deployment manager refuses to load...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Jonny@igd asked a question on 28 May 2014 5:45 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi All,

We started under taking some testing of CRM 2011 Rollup 17 on one of our test environments.

We're rolling up from RU 15.

Everything appear fine until I tried using the MMC Deployment manager snap in.

We now get an error message MMC could not create the snap in.

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433}

Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.Crm.CrmSecurityException,Microsoft.Crm.Core, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

It was working fine on roll up 15. Has anyone else had this issue?

Regards,

Jonny

Rob Dawson responded on 29 May 2014 12:07 AM
My Badges

Yes I had the same problem Jonny. I had to roll back to UR16 and Deployment Manager worked fine.

What OS are you running?

We are Windows Server 2008 R2.

Jonny@igd responded on 29 May 2014 12:53 AM
My Badges

Hi Rob,

Yeah we're running WS 2008 R2 as well.

Our production environment is still on RU 15. The jump to 17 was due to some of the IE 11 fluff they added in.

Here's hoping MS do a revision.

Jonny

alpha responded on 29 May 2014 2:33 AM

Hi,

I am having the same problem with Rollup 17 on WS 2008 R2. I am rolling back to Rollup 16 to see if will rectify it.

Hopefully Microsoft have a solution soon.

Becky Hess responded on 29 May 2014 9:46 AM

I am also having the same issue too but upgrading from Rollup 16. :(

Scott Hammer responded on 29 May 2014 9:56 AM
My Badges

Same issue here, had to rollback to UR 15.

Alex Marshall responded on 30 May 2014 3:32 AM

I'm experiencing the exact same issue on two different CRM installations after installing UR17.  Has anyone successfully opened Deployment Manager after installing UR17?

Natraj Yegnaraman responded on 30 May 2014 4:46 AM
My Badges
CRM GURU responded on 1 Jun 2014 6:38 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

This happens if you have the domain name more than 15 characteristics. It will be fixed in UR 18. Please don't ask me the date of GA :)

Jonny@igd responded on 2 Jun 2014 12:13 AM
My Badges

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but our domain name isn't more than 15 characters long though...

Why would that have broken in roll up 16/17 after working previously?

Thanks,

Jonny

Andrei Matracaru responded on 2 Jun 2014 4:52 AM

Hi,

Same issue here, installing UR 17 from UR 15. Rolling back indeed fixes the issue. Tried it on 3 different dev environments.

Our domain name is also less than 15 characters, so I doubt this is the cause.

Andrei

Dietmar Wehinger responded on 4 Jun 2014 7:13 AM
My Badges

Same Problem. Incredible nice Feature from Microsoft for our customers. Has anyone tested it ONCE?

how can this happen?

I do have R16 and Windows 2012. And I "Need" it due to the incredible lack of IE-11-Support of CRM since nearby 10 month.

CRM GURU responded on 4 Jun 2014 9:03 AM
My Badges

Domain name more than 15 is one of the main reasons because in that case the NetBIOS name would change. The other reasons could be if you have a different NetBIOS name and FQDN

Natraj Yegnaraman responded on 4 Jun 2014 2:34 PM
My Badges

In my case my FQDN was different from NetBIOS name and I had this issue with Deployment Manager. I also had domain name > 15 characters. Is it working for deployments with matching domain names and NetBIOS names?

Natraj Yegnaraman responded on 4 Jun 2014 2:59 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Adam Mills has logged this on Connect (connect.microsoft.com/.../bug-ur17-deployment-manager-domain-resolution). Please vote up so this critical issue can be fixed ASAP.

Nina Peneva responded on 5 Jun 2014 9:41 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi all,

I can confirm that we are aware of the issue “Unable to open Deployment Manager after Update Rollup 17” and we working to address it with high priority. We plan to include the fix in Update Rollup 18, which will be released in about 3-4 months. In case the issue is urgent and critical for you, please open a Support Request with CRM Technical Support at the following link - www.microsoft.com/.../contact-technical-support.aspx and we will work with you to provide you a Critical on Demand fix earlier than the release of UR18.

Many thanks for your understanding and collaboration.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities.

Nina Peneva

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

CRM GURU responded on 1 Jun 2014 6:38 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

This happens if you have the domain name more than 15 characteristics. It will be fixed in UR 18. Please don't ask me the date of GA :)

Natraj Yegnaraman responded on 4 Jun 2014 2:59 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Adam Mills has logged this on Connect (connect.microsoft.com/.../bug-ur17-deployment-manager-domain-resolution). Please vote up so this critical issue can be fixed ASAP.

Nina Peneva responded on 5 Jun 2014 9:41 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi all,

I can confirm that we are aware of the issue “Unable to open Deployment Manager after Update Rollup 17” and we working to address it with high priority. We plan to include the fix in Update Rollup 18, which will be released in about 3-4 months. In case the issue is urgent and critical for you, please open a Support Request with CRM Technical Support at the following link - www.microsoft.com/.../contact-technical-support.aspx and we will work with you to provide you a Critical on Demand fix earlier than the release of UR18.

Many thanks for your understanding and collaboration.

Nina Peneva

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Nina Peneva responded on 6 Jun 2014 8:22 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jonny@igd and Bigzampanoxxl,

many thanks for your responses. I understand your concerns and I can ensure you that we are working on the issue with highest priority possible for its nature.

As mentioned in my privious answer, we will be able to provide you a Crical on Demand (COD) fix earlier than the release day of UR18. Unfortunately we will not be able to make the fix available for download on a public location. I would like to give you further background about this. In comparance to the full testing we are doing for a official UR, we are only able to do a reduced set of testing for a COD fix. We would require from you to contact us via a Support Case, which will allow us to track the customers who got the COD in case if any issues identified.  

Please accept our appologies for any inconvinience caused and many thanks for your understanding and collaboration going forward.

Nina Peneva

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Nina Peneva responded on 10 Jun 2014 7:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Mark,

I appreciate your feedback and I understand your concern. I can ensure you that we are working on the hotfix with highest priority according to the nature and the impact of the issue.

In regard to your question – you can log a single Support case for your affected customers. In case of any issues with the COD, we would then contact you and need you to further communicate this to your affected customers.

I would like to highlight that you will not be charged for the Support Requests you log to get the COD as there are related to a confirmed design mistake.

We appreciate your patience on this and your collaboration going forward.

Nina Peneva

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Nina Peneva responded on 5 Sep 2014 8:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi KBoddy and L1A,

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to contact CRM Technical Support in this regards. I'd ask you to try to submit a Support Request via the following link - www.microsoft.com/.../contact-technical-support.aspx (if not yet tried)

If you are still encountering issues, please send me a Private Message via the Dynamics Community with your contact datails and I will get back to you on Monday to ensure you get the right Point of contact for your contract type.  

As i stated earlier, unfortunately we will not be able to make the fix available for download on a public location. I would like to give you further background about this. In comparance to the full testing we are doing for an official UR, we are only able to do a reduced set of testing for a COD fix. We would require from you to contact us via a Support Case, which will allow us to track the customers who got the COD in case if any issues identified.  

Please accept our appologies for any inconvinience caused and many thanks for your understanding and collaboration going forward.

Thank you for using Dynamics Communities.

Nina Peneva

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS