Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
I am trying to change action of (+) button of OrderProduct subgrid on Order entity. How can I show custom pop-up message when I press (+) sign of this subgrid. I have tried following steps but got no success.
1. Add order-product entity in new solution and custom js webresource that show pop-up message.
2. Export the solution and match the Id of (+) button of subgrid to the salesorderdetailribbon in SDK.
3. Copy that code and place it exported entity of orderproduct of customization in RibbDiffxml tag.
4. Remove all the enable/disable rules and link the JS action tag to my custom JS that I have exported with solution.
5. Id's, name's have been matched and import the updated solution and run.
But no changes have been applied.
Can anybody help me how can I change this behavior.
As I know this + button behavior is not customizable..
Are you using Ribbon Workbench or working on the XML directly? First check whether it is the "Add new" or "Add existing" button that you need to modify, as both of them are just rendered as "+" on the subgrid. Keep in mind though, that this would be a unsupported change. I changed the default view of a inline lookup, by making "+" button call a custom function sometime back -> http://nycrmdev.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/changing-default-view-of-inline-lookup.html . You could follow a similar approach.
Thanks Natraj Yegnaraman, I am using XML directly and have also tried Ribbon Workbench but no success found. Your article is helpful but when applying these customization on order-product subgrid it didn't work.
You are correct. Even though the DOM naming for the + button gives an impression that AddNewRecordFromSubGridStandard command is going to be used, this never seems to be called. The Product flyout throws a spanner into the works, and it seems that the the order product subgrid is "special". I spent too much time on this, trying to hook my custom function without any success. Regretfully giving up and accepting that this behaviour cannot be customised.