Error : Action Microsoft.CRM.setup.common.analyzer+collectaction failed

Question Status

Verified
Muhammed Bin Rasheed asked a question on 22 Aug 2014 3:00 AM

I am getting below error while installing BIDS on my PC.

Action Microsoft.CRM.setup.common.analyzer+collectaction failed

For this error i searched on Net but till now its not fixed. Can any one help me please.

Verified Answer
Muhammed Bin Rasheed responded on 22 Aug 2014 8:11 AM
To resolve this issue, a registry entry will need to be removed from the machine before proceeding with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Report Authoring Extensions installation:

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry  Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Navigate to the Start Menu (or Windows key + R will perform steps 1 and 2)

2. In the search bar, type Run and hit enter

3. In the open lookup, type Regedit and hit enter

4. Expand the Windows Registry tree to the following registry directory:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
 b. Software
 c. Microsoft
 d. Windows
 e. CurrentVersion
 f. Installer
 g. UserData
 h. S-1-5-18
 i. Components
j. 0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD

5. Examine the registry key '0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD' for multiple string value registry entries
 a. A single string value should be present in this directory - the scenario outlined in the symptom will result in two string registry entries being created.

6. Right-Click on the registry key 0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD and select Export
 a. Save the registry backup to a location on the local computer

7. Right-Click on the registry key 0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD and select Delete
 Note: This key is created during setup and will be recreated as part of the setup process

8. Start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Report Authoring Extensions installation wizard
Note This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is provided as-is in response to emerging issues. As a result of the speed in making it available, the materials may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. See Terms of Use for other considerations.
Nevin Anderson responded on 20 Jan 2015 6:56 PM

Thank you!  Your solution worked for me!

Red Hodgerson responded on 20 Feb 2015 9:31 AM

Hi All,

If anyone is curious, the solution that Muhammed posted is from kb2988630

support.microsoft.com/.../2988630

-Thanks!

Verified Answer
Muhammed Bin Rasheed responded on 22 Aug 2014 8:11 AM
To resolve this issue, a registry entry will need to be removed from the machine before proceeding with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Report Authoring Extensions installation:

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry  Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Navigate to the Start Menu (or Windows key + R will perform steps 1 and 2)

2. In the search bar, type Run and hit enter

3. In the open lookup, type Regedit and hit enter

4. Expand the Windows Registry tree to the following registry directory:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
 b. Software
 c. Microsoft
 d. Windows
 e. CurrentVersion
 f. Installer
 g. UserData
 h. S-1-5-18
 i. Components
j. 0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD

5. Examine the registry key '0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD' for multiple string value registry entries
 a. A single string value should be present in this directory - the scenario outlined in the symptom will result in two string registry entries being created.

6. Right-Click on the registry key 0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD and select Export
 a. Save the registry backup to a location on the local computer

7. Right-Click on the registry key 0EF1E6B4EFCDA2649B26A424D56DAACD and select Delete
 Note: This key is created during setup and will be recreated as part of the setup process

8. Start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Report Authoring Extensions installation wizard
Note This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is provided as-is in response to emerging issues. As a result of the speed in making it available, the materials may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. See Terms of Use for other considerations.