Question Status

Verified
Adriana Tsankova asked a question on 6 Feb 2015 9:41 AM

Hi All!

Probably a simple question, but haven't worked it out as of yet...

I have got a tailored form for each of my business units including very specific attributes /grids (security role enabled) although the concept is that every user should be able to physically switch to the main say Account form to see an organisation-wide overview / a whole bunch of attributes from all business units, soo, when installing the outlook client, by default it shows the default main form, however cannot see the option to switch to the Security Role enabled.. Within the Web client you can switch and it will display the last "used" / switched to form next time you open it, trying to achieve the same..any ideas? :-(

Thanks,

Adriana

Suggested Answer
Adam Mosley responded on 6 Feb 2015 10:54 AM

Go to Settings | Customization | Customize the System

Select the entity and drop down to 'form', at the bottom you will see 'Outlook & Mobile', make sure these boxes are checked.

Also, you can set permissions on individual forms so I would assign the security role to the user's who need to see a specific form (or multiple) and try that.

Hope that helps.

Adriana Tsankova responded on 7 Feb 2015 3:46 PM

Hi Adam,

The Outlook & Mobile options are ticked, however they are located within the generic entity options not on "forms" / per-form options.

The forms are security role enabled however every user group has granted permissions via security role to 2 main forms and cannot seem to be able to switch within outook to display the preferred form..perhaps the short answer is that it cannot be done? (there must be a way!! :( )

Cheers,

Adriana

Verified Answer
Mark Christie responded on 8 Feb 2015 11:25 AM

Hi Adriana

It's a pain but as they are 2 forms that could be loaded it will take the first security role in the hierarchy and apply the relevant form for that role, There is no way to change the logic or the form once in outlook (or even when you edit the record)

You may be able to get a Dev to look at this but as an out of the box solution i'm afraid its a no

Adam Mosley responded on 9 Feb 2015 7:27 AM

Yea then I'm not quite sure if there is an oob solution for this Adriana, hope others will chime in, good luck :)

Adriana Tsankova responded on 10 Feb 2015 5:45 AM

Thanks Mark, very helpful :)

Thanks too Adam :)

Adriana

Verified Answer
Mark Christie responded on 8 Feb 2015 11:25 AM

Hi Adriana

It's a pain but as they are 2 forms that could be loaded it will take the first security role in the hierarchy and apply the relevant form for that role, There is no way to change the logic or the form once in outlook (or even when you edit the record)

You may be able to get a Dev to look at this but as an out of the box solution i'm afraid its a no

Suggested Answer
Adam Mosley responded on 6 Feb 2015 10:54 AM

Go to Settings | Customization | Customize the System

Select the entity and drop down to 'form', at the bottom you will see 'Outlook & Mobile', make sure these boxes are checked.

Also, you can set permissions on individual forms so I would assign the security role to the user's who need to see a specific form (or multiple) and try that.

Hope that helps.