Question Status

Verified
Steve Baker asked a question on 19 Feb 2015 7:44 AM

Hi,

I understand this is probably going to be plugin driven and not something i can simply do quickly.

What i want to do is have a new entity that has items from a different database in it, which gets updated from a website. I want crm to reflect the updates without the user having to go do it manually.

The website uses different item numbers as a primary key in the sql database, so where the item number would be different on a crm form i'd need it to check it against the item on the other database, if that makes sense.

not looking for someone to give me an answer, but some guidance on where to do this myself would be great :)

I did try an iframe but the webpage doesn't seem to load, and it would have to update the URL based on a different field to get the correct item number.

Suggested Answer
Wayne Walton responded on 19 Feb 2015 8:58 AM

I'd recommend looking at Scribe Online as an option.  Create your CRM entity with fields to hold all the data from the website you want to sync, then configure Scribe to push updates from the website's database to the custom CRM entity.  Make sure to have the item numbers stored in CRM, so you can tell Scribe to update as well as insert records and you're golden. 

Plus, with Scribe there pushing data into CRM, you can now perform work in CRM like notifications and workflows based on the custom entity.  Something you couldn't do with just an iFrame.

Verified Answer
Scott Durow responded on 19 Feb 2015 9:20 AM

Scribe certainly is good option - It is also worth considering the fantastic SSIS Toolkit from Kingswaysoft - if you have SSIS skills this is the most flexible solution IMHO.

www.kingswaysoft.com/.../ssis-integration-toolkit-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Verified Answer
Scott Durow responded on 19 Feb 2015 9:20 AM

Scribe certainly is good option - It is also worth considering the fantastic SSIS Toolkit from Kingswaysoft - if you have SSIS skills this is the most flexible solution IMHO.

www.kingswaysoft.com/.../ssis-integration-toolkit-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Suggested Answer
Wayne Walton responded on 19 Feb 2015 8:58 AM

I'd recommend looking at Scribe Online as an option.  Create your CRM entity with fields to hold all the data from the website you want to sync, then configure Scribe to push updates from the website's database to the custom CRM entity.  Make sure to have the item numbers stored in CRM, so you can tell Scribe to update as well as insert records and you're golden. 

Plus, with Scribe there pushing data into CRM, you can now perform work in CRM like notifications and workflows based on the custom entity.  Something you couldn't do with just an iFrame.