SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Record Wall - can I FOLLOW teams or business units?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

donyc asked a question on 26 Feb 2015 7:30 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

We are using CRM 2011 and I was curious what is highest level I can use Follow on Record Wall? For example instead of following individual users, can I follow teams or Business Unit?

Any info would be much appreciated as I am having hard time finding any info on this.....

Thanks so much!

Bruno Lucas responded on 26 Feb 2015 8:17 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can only follow the records on which you have read privileges and access rights. If you lose read permissions, a follow is automatically removed. All Microsoft Dynamics CRM users automatically follow themselves. You can only see the posts that are regarding the records or mention the records on which you have read privileges and access rights.

if you are on a upper team, still, you would need to create a view per team or a view per unit. look like that it is not possible to create new views for the feed entity

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh547394.aspx

some more

"Posts to the wall of the user assigning the case. Teams don’t have walls and does not create posts on walls of all members of team "

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/richardknudson/archive/2011/11/13/introduction-to-crm-2011-activity-feeds.aspx

Aileen Gusni responded on 26 Feb 2015 10:40 PM
My Badges

Dony,

I think it is possible to follow any records in CRM, because the follow record is basically only based on regarding field,

you can try using workflow like this:

community.dynamics.com/.../151955.aspx

*Just change the regarding field to your Team and the Owner to yours

But, I haven't tried exactly for your scenario. Just a assumption, okay.

but the problem is here:

Once you follow a User, you can see their updates, their posting, their activities right?

But if you follow a Team, I think you can still follow, but, again, this purpose here is you only you follow Team, but not their updates...

I will suggest you, to create a custom workflow on the team to follow..

Then, need a custom workflow activity to retrieve all members of this team or BU.

Then create a follow record for all the members..

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Bruno Lucas responded on 26 Feb 2015 8:17 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can only follow the records on which you have read privileges and access rights. If you lose read permissions, a follow is automatically removed. All Microsoft Dynamics CRM users automatically follow themselves. You can only see the posts that are regarding the records or mention the records on which you have read privileges and access rights.

if you are on a upper team, still, you would need to create a view per team or a view per unit. look like that it is not possible to create new views for the feed entity

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh547394.aspx

some more

"Posts to the wall of the user assigning the case. Teams don’t have walls and does not create posts on walls of all members of team "

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/richardknudson/archive/2011/11/13/introduction-to-crm-2011-activity-feeds.aspx

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS