Question Status

Unanswered
Don DeVeux asked a question on 27 Feb 2015 12:23 PM

I'm trying to create an email from my workflow.  I've selected a Custom Entity for the main email entity. 

When I get to the template, there are no fields in the Dynamic section to allow me to assign values to the form.  Here is what it looks like:

This is true even when I select other entities (base entities) that are associated with my RMA custom entity.  Is there something else I must do?  When I attempt to close the form (close box), I get the following error:

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
  <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
  <ScriptErrorDetails>
   <Message>Unable to get property '_events' of undefined or null reference</Message>
   <Line>5</Line>
   <URL>/_common/global.ashx?ver=-651141423</URL>
   <PageURL>/SFA/Workflow/entityform.aspx?appSolutionId=%7b6F3F4AF8-3268-4E1B-83EF-DBE12945A403%7d&entityFullName=email&entityname=email&mode=2&primaryentity=lena_rma&stepId=SendEmailStep1&workflowId=79d1bacd-3245-4c67-b2d5-f89cff3a8801</PageURL>
   <Function>anonymousr:Unabletogetproperty'_events'ofundefinedornullreference</Function>
   <CallStack>
    <Function>anonymousr:Unabletogetproperty'_events'ofundefinedornullreference</Function>
   </CallStack>
  </ScriptErrorDetails>
  <ClientInformation>
   <BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)</BrowserUserAgent>
   <BrowserLanguage>en-US</BrowserLanguage>
   <SystemLanguage>en-US</SystemLanguage>
   <UserLanguage>en-US</UserLanguage>
   <ScreenResolution>1680x1050</ScreenResolution>
   <ClientName>Web</ClientName>
   <ClientTime>2015-02-27T11:10:34</ClientTime>
  </ClientInformation>
  <ServerInformation>
    <OrgLanguage>1033</OrgLanguage>
    <OrgCulture>1033</OrgCulture>
    <UserLanguage>1033</UserLanguage>
    <UserCulture>1033</UserCulture>
    <OrgID>{19063E4C-6085-E411-BE65-000C29F61EFB}</OrgID>
    <UserID>{D535DA8E-6C85-E411-BE65-000C29F61EFB}</UserID>
    <CRMVersion>6.1.1.132</CRMVersion>
  </ServerInformation>
</CrmScriptErrorReport>

I believe I have the correct entries in my entity definition:

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruno Lucas responded on 27 Feb 2015 3:56 PM

Hi Don

I've done quite a few workflows but have never seen this error before, but since nobody so far has posted some clues, looking around on other posts, people have suggested problems with roles and publishing

first I found this (if you have crm 2011):

arungeorgejohn.blogspot.co.nz/.../crm-2011-unable-to-get-value-of.html

the error sounds like a failure accessing something. It could be something got stuck. A few suggestions:

Try the "publish all customisations"  ( Click Settings, click Customization, click Customize the System and finally Publish all customizations.)and retry the workflow

check the roles

if nothing works, check the objects you can drop and rebuild.

I've seen something similar happening

Bruno Lucas, Senior CRM Consultant

DynamicDay CRM Blog 

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem 

Don DeVeux responded on 1 Mar 2015 3:42 PM

Thanks Bruno - no luck for me with any of that yet, but here is the error message I am getting when I try to exit the Step Editor:

<CrmScriptErrorReport>

<ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>

<ScriptErrorDetails>

<Message>Unable to get property '_events' of undefined or null reference</Message>

<Line>5</Line>

<URL>/_common/global.ashx?ver=-651141423</URL>

<PageURL>/SFA/Workflow/entityform.aspx?activityname=SendEmailStep1&appSolutionId=%7b6F3F4AF8-3268-4E1B-83EF-DBE12945A403%7d&entityFullName=email&entityname=email&mode=2&primaryentity=lena_rma&stepId=SendEmailStep1&workflowId=572245bc-68d8-4fcb-961e-fbaec61b99f4</PageURL>

<CallStack>

</CallStack>

</ScriptErrorDetails>

I am the admin of this environment, so I can't believe it's a rights issue.

Bruno Lucas responded on 2 Mar 2015 4:40 AM

Can't think on much beside something that was removed between like a relationship or some component.

Are you on a dev or test server? Can you try to create a solution and add the workflow and or the custom entity for a back up. than drop the entity, recreate , drop the workflow, recreate and see if it works?

Bruno Lucas, Senior CRM Consultant

DynamicDay CRM Blog 

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem 

Aaron Richards responded on 3 Mar 2015 2:44 PM

What version of CRM are you using?

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Aaron Richards
Support Escalation Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM