SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Background Processes not visible for Order form in CRM 2015

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mandar Joshi asked a question on 2 Mar 2015 11:35 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Recently while customizing the Order form for one of the customization, my team found this interesting thing w.r.t Background Processes (System Jobs) and Order form navigation. We were facing problem getting the link for Background Processes in navigation though I can see the relationship already added in customization mode but not in the ribbon. Not sure if this is a bug or something by design as same thing was noticed on an new CRM online instance.

Mahadeo Matre responded on 2 Mar 2015 11:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Mandar,

This is by design..

Even there is no option to change Display Option setting for this relationship.. 

Because of this option you are able to see navigation link option in Form navigation.. 

Hope this will help.. 

Mandar Joshi responded on 2 Mar 2015 11:53 AM
My Badges

How does this helps the design? What is the way to get the link displayed or the way to see the executed system jobs for that particular records as it is too completed to search for a particular system job from Settings.

Mahadeo Matre responded on 2 Mar 2015 12:04 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Mandar,

Generally Microsoft recommending to remove successful jobs to save disk space.

So when you go to setting area, there you will able to see only error workflows.

I am saying this is by design, because this is not only for order, I checked for Account, Contact, Invoice entities and there also no option to add system job in form navigation.

Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 2 Mar 2015 12:19 PM
My Badges

Might be issue is specific to your environment. In our system i can see background process link in navigation of an order both in online as well On-premise (2013 /2015)

Mandar Joshi responded on 3 Mar 2015 12:24 AM
My Badges

That is strange as I have a brand new instance of CRM 2015 online (Trial) created with the issue same as my Vanilla instance of CRM 2015 on premises. Below are my CRM versions:

On Premises: 7.0.0.3543

On Line: 7.0.0.5026

Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 3 Mar 2015 4:58 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello Mandar,

You are correct, i can see this issue across all our customers crm 2015 organizations. It looks  navigation link for "Background Process" and "Process Sessions" handled differently compared to custom relationship link. I tried multiple ways to get the Nav bar in the form , by editing the customization xml manually.

Navigation xml that i tried to import into order imported successfully without any issue but  system did no tshow Navigation link for workflow and real-time workflow

<NavBar>

<NavBarByRelationshipItem RelationshipName="SalesOrder_AsyncOperations" Id="nav1_AsyncOperations" Sequence="9501" Area="ProcessCenter1"  Show="true">

<Titles>

<Title LCID="1033" Text="Background Processes" />

</Titles>

</NavBarByRelationshipItem>

<NavBarByRelationshipItem RelationshipName="SalesOrder_ProcessSessions" Id="nav1_ProcessSessions" Sequence="9500" Area="ProcessCenter1" Show="true">

<Titles>

<Title LCID="1033" Text="Process Sessions" />

</Titles>

</NavBar>

Even I tried to copy Navigation portion of the customization from crm 2013 and pasted in crm 2015 customization navigation section. Even that did not work. It seems like a bug please vote for this issue in microsoft connect.

connect.microsoft.com/.../order-form-navigation-link-issue-for-background-process-and-process-sessions

Mandar Joshi responded on 3 Mar 2015 5:33 AM
My Badges

Thanks Chitra. Voted.

I will still keep this thread active for few days in hope of a positive response before i mark your post as verified.

Mahadeo Matre responded on 2 Mar 2015 12:04 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Mandar,

Generally Microsoft recommending to remove successful jobs to save disk space.

So when you go to setting area, there you will able to see only error workflows.

I am saying this is by design, because this is not only for order, I checked for Account, Contact, Invoice entities and there also no option to add system job in form navigation.

Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 3 Mar 2015 4:58 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello Mandar,

You are correct, i can see this issue across all our customers crm 2015 organizations. It looks  navigation link for "Background Process" and "Process Sessions" handled differently compared to custom relationship link. I tried multiple ways to get the Nav bar in the form , by editing the customization xml manually.

Navigation xml that i tried to import into order imported successfully without any issue but  system did no tshow Navigation link for workflow and real-time workflow

<NavBar>

<NavBarByRelationshipItem RelationshipName="SalesOrder_AsyncOperations" Id="nav1_AsyncOperations" Sequence="9501" Area="ProcessCenter1"  Show="true">

<Titles>

<Title LCID="1033" Text="Background Processes" />

</Titles>

<NavBarByRelationshipItem RelationshipName="SalesOrder_ProcessSessions" Id="nav1_ProcessSessions" Sequence="9500" Area="ProcessCenter1" Show="true">

<Titles>

<Title LCID="1033" Text="Process Sessions" />

</Titles>

</NavBar>

Even I tried to copy Navigation portion of the customization from crm 2013 and pasted in crm 2015 customization navigation section. Even that did not work. It seems like a bug please vote for this issue in microsoft connect.

connect.microsoft.com/.../order-form-navigation-link-issue-for-background-process-and-process-sessions

Mahadeo Matre responded on 2 Mar 2015 11:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Mandar,

This is by design..

Even there is no option to change Display Option setting for this relationship.. 

Because of this option you are able to see navigation link option in Form navigation.. 

Hope this will help.. 

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS