Question Status

Verified
Stanley Yau asked a question on 18 Mar 2015 4:13 PM

Hi! A quick question as I get to grips with the mail merge functionality in CRM Online. The default out-of-the-box Quote template for Mail Merge is set up like this:

The data is obviously taken from the Quote Form:

However, when the mail merge is complete - instead of just showing the date a date/time combination is presented:

The Effective From and Effective To fields are Date/Time - I note that there is no option to create a pure Date field. Is there any way of omitting the time, and to just show the date?

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks! :)

Damon (nomad) responded on 18 Mar 2015 4:20 PM

Hello Stanley:

Yes you need to go to the Effective From field and Effective To and open it look for the Format and click on the down arrow and select date.

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem 

Thanks

_damon

Stanley Yau responded on 18 Mar 2015 4:33 PM

Hi Damon... Thanks for the reply, but that's not it, unfortunately. I can confirm that the field you've highlighted are already set as Date Only. Seems like that's the out-of-the-box config. I note that Mahadeo's reply below (changing the formatting displayed rather than the actual field value itself) seems to work. Thanks for looking into it, though!

Stanley Yau responded on 18 Mar 2015 4:35 PM

Hi Mahadeo! Thanks for the reply. The first two links you provided were similar in content, but definitely helped with the formatting problem I was having. Ideal! Thanks for your help in this. :)