An error occurred while creating the incoming email "xxx" in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the mailbox <Mailbox name>.

Question Status

Verified
emj asked a question on 22 May 2015 9:53 AM

This is an error that seems to crop up but never gets a resolution posted.

We have Dynamics CRM Online and O365. The mailbox is enabled and shows "Success" results for both incoming email status and outgoing email status configuration test results. The test email did indeed get sent to the mail box (i.e. to the email address of the mailbox.

I then sent an email to the mailbox email address from an external account. Then email arrived in the O365 shared mailbox but Dynamics produces the error "An error occurred while creating the incoming email "Test #1" in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the mailbox <mailbox name>."

Dynamics is obviously able to see the email because it gets the subject of the email so am assuming the problem is some how involving the queue.

The queue itself has the "Convert incoming email" action set to "All email messages".

Am probably just missing a setting somewhere - can someone who has got this working provide any instruction?

Suggested Answer
Rajkumar Rajaraman responded on 22 May 2015 10:07 AM

Hi emj,

Refer the following thread:

community.dynamics.com/.../128832

Hope this helps.

Regards,

R.Rajkumar

"Please mark my answer as verified if you found it helpful"

emj responded on 22 May 2015 10:11 AM

Hi,

I have seen that thread - the only workflow we have is on the account entity. The email address is only on a single queue so there are no conflicts with other disabled queues.

I wonder whether it is to do with permissions. I am sure Microsoft must have a list of required permissions for this process to work...

Verified Answer
emj responded on 26 May 2015 5:27 AM

The issue turned out to be permissions. The owner of the mailbox must have (in their allocated role) permissions to create activities and queue items.

Ashley Childs responded on 5 Oct 2015 5:44 AM

I am a bit intrigued as to how you set Create permission on a Queue Item in a security role?

Amit Yadav responded on 15 Jan 2016 1:47 AM

Hi,

I am facing same issue. We have vanila installation so no plugin,workflow is there, don't have double queue with same email id and Owner of Mailbox have system administrator rights.

I don't know what else i am missing there.

Faisalk responded on 14 Jul 2016 6:15 AM

Hi Amit,

Did you managed to resolve this issues? I am having same problem and the user mailbox have sys admin privileges, there is no inactive queue with same email address and no workflows enabled.

Vipin Jaiswal responded on 25 Jul 2016 1:02 PM

I really doubt about an access issues as because in my environment user is system administrator and he is the only user in the system.

Also Email incoming and outgoing test resulted to success.

Everything is working fine for few days and then suddenly User started receiving alert in CRM UI about mail box alert.

Viewing the alert describes that "An error occurred while creating the incoming email "Re: Subject of the mail" in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the mailbox" <User Name>

My questions is why only this particular mail encountered an error and rest emails are working fine.

Is there any surety that all mail will become an email activity in CRM.

River responded on 27 Apr 2017 2:53 PM

Did you find any solution to this issue?

I have the same error, everyday I get this message. I'm also the sys-admin. 

RJDP responded on 3 Aug 2017 5:41 AM

did anyone find a solution to this, we are having the same issue when creating a forward mailbox, the owner and use has full sys admin rights but we get this error message too

Verified Answer
emj responded on 26 May 2015 5:27 AM

The issue turned out to be permissions. The owner of the mailbox must have (in their allocated role) permissions to create activities and queue items.

Suggested Answer
Rajkumar Rajaraman responded on 22 May 2015 10:07 AM

Hi emj,

Refer the following thread:

community.dynamics.com/.../128832

Hope this helps.

Regards,

R.Rajkumar

"Please mark my answer as verified if you found it helpful"