SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Debug Plugin using CRM Developer Kit

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mohsin Ali asked a question on 8 Jul 2015 4:03 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I can debug the plugin using the plugin registration tool. But is there any way to debug it using the CRM developer toolkit. I'm at CRM 2011 on-premise with VS2012.

Mahender responded on 8 Jul 2015 4:08 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Developers toolkit provide template to design plugin, workflow and other CRM components and it will be part of the visual studio, so there is no separate way to debug plugin using developers tool, you need to use the standard way of debugging plugin in visual studio, copy dll and pdb file to assembly folder and attach prcess.

Please refer steps here: msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg328574.aspx

Thanks

Jason Lattimer responded on 8 Jul 2015 8:09 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Another approach is setting up unit/integration testing to avoid needing to go through all the steps of downloading the profile and attaching the debugger each time. I have some framework/templates built around plug-in & workflow development here: https://github.com/jlattimer/CRMDeveloperExtensions

Prashanthi responded on 15 May 2019 1:39 AM

Please share the solution for this.

Mahender responded on 8 Jul 2015 4:08 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Developers toolkit provide template to design plugin, workflow and other CRM components and it will be part of the visual studio, so there is no separate way to debug plugin using developers tool, you need to use the standard way of debugging plugin in visual studio, copy dll and pdb file to assembly folder and attach prcess.

Please refer steps here: msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg328574.aspx

Thanks

Jason Lattimer responded on 8 Jul 2015 8:09 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Another approach is setting up unit/integration testing to avoid needing to go through all the steps of downloading the profile and attaching the debugger each time. I have some framework/templates built around plug-in & workflow development here: https://github.com/jlattimer/CRMDeveloperExtensions

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS