SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Business Process Flow Issue in new Dynamics 365 online. (Cant move Stages)

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Estiaanvdm asked a question on 15 Nov 2016 6:52 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Good day. I am experiencing a issue with one of my business process flows. The BPF moves from a Vendor entity into a bank entity, then into vendor approval and then into bank approval.

The first stage is fine (Capture Vendor Details)

The second stage is fine (Capture Bank Details)

From the second stage when I click on next stage it jumps back to the first stage and doesn't go to the third stage. The active stage stays on the second stage.

When it jumps back to the first stage and click on "Set Active" I get the following error:

Have anyone else had this problem and were able to sort it out? Any input will be much appreciated.

Log File:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: A business process flow already exists for the target record and could not be created. Please contact your system administrator.Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
  <ErrorCode>-2147089513</ErrorCode>
  <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
  <Message>A business process flow already exists for the target record and could not be created. Please contact your system administrator.</Message>
  <Timestamp>2016-11-15T13:41:12.4402022Z</Timestamp>
  <ExceptionSource i:nil="true" />
  <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
  <OriginalException i:nil="true" />
  <TraceText>

[Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel: Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.GlobalActiveStagePlugin]
[bb48066e-f22f-412f-a530-91f72e4b859b: GlobalActiveStagePlugin]

</TraceText>
</OrganizationServiceFault>

Corey Sutton responded on 14 Dec 2016 4:58 PM

Hi Estiaanvdm,

We are facing an almost identical issue with an identical error message, but on the BPF on an Agreement for Field Services. By clicking "Next Stage" we are also taken back to the first stage, and get an error when going back a stage.

We are also working on a D365 instance.

If you find a solution can you please post here so I can attempt to implement it :-).

Nithya Gopinath responded on 14 Dec 2016 10:04 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Estiaanvdm,

Please refer the following blog about stage movement in business process flows.

community.dynamics.com/.../business-process-flows-in-dynamics-365-part-ii

Estiaanvdm responded on 15 Dec 2016 12:12 AM

Hi  Nithya Gopinath

Thank you for the link. This doesn't address my problem though.

Estiaanvdm responded on 15 Dec 2016 12:14 AM

Hi Corey Sutton.

I have a open case for this at Microsoft. They are busy trying to help me to resolve the issue. I will give an update if they find the solution

JimmyMunoz responded on 6 Jan 2017 9:22 PM

Hello, the same happens to me, after the update to Dynamics 365 the custom workflow stopped working ... have managed to find the solution?

Estiaanvdm responded on 9 Jan 2017 11:42 PM

Hi JimmyMunoz

I am still busy with Microsoft to figure out what the cause is and how to fix it. I will keep you updated.

Prashant Shukla responded on 10 Jan 2017 12:55 AM
My Badges

Deactivate Business Process Flows already existing for Vendor Approval entity

bulletdd responded on 13 Jan 2017 3:39 AM

Hi Estiaanvdm,

I have also an identical problem with the Opportunity Sales Process. Do you have any new information from Microsoft?

Deactivating this BPF is also not possible since this throws an unspecified error (Other BPFs on the Opportunity can be deactivated).

Budiman Wibawa responded on 15 Jan 2017 9:14 AM
My Badges

roughly how long we had to wait for a solution to this case?, already one week this annoying problem in our business processes.

Estiaanvdm responded on 15 Jan 2017 11:38 PM

Unfortunately I cannot give a timeline on this, as I am waiting for Microsoft. I haven't received any feedback from them the last week, but I escalated it to the team manager today. So fingers crossed that it will pick up some speed soon!

Budiman Wibawa responded on 16 Jan 2017 7:12 AM
My Badges

we experienced a lot of problems because of this, the impact on the sales process is very disturbed. I asked the MS  team support, restore CRM to a previous version as soon as possible. Does it ever happened before?

Juan Manuel López Izquierdo responded on 16 Jan 2017 10:02 AM

Hello everybody,

I have just to migrate to Dynamics 365 and I run into with this problem as well, it's a issue very important and serious, my customer cannot work with the system with this bug

I hope Microsoft fixes this bug right now!!! I'm very upset with them

Scott Durow (MVP) responded on 16 Jan 2017 12:39 PM
My Badges

I have exactly the same issue and Microsoft support are looking into it for me too.

Estiaanvdm responded on 16 Jan 2017 11:57 PM

Hi Scott.

Please keep us up to date with your progress with Microsoft if you don't mind. I still haven't received any communication from Microsoft in the last week. Very frustrating!

Budiman Wibawa responded on 17 Jan 2017 3:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I finally managed to access the CRM properly, after asking the CRM team to roll back to version 2016 update 1.

even if we have to lose all the data in the past week period. but valuable lesson from it is, I would not rush to upgrade to the latest version of CRM.

Nithya Gopinath responded on 14 Dec 2016 10:04 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Estiaanvdm,

Please refer the following blog about stage movement in business process flows.

community.dynamics.com/.../business-process-flows-in-dynamics-365-part-ii

Budiman Wibawa responded on 17 Jan 2017 3:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I finally managed to access the CRM properly, after asking the CRM team to roll back to version 2016 update 1.

even if we have to lose all the data in the past week period. but valuable lesson from it is, I would not rush to upgrade to the latest version of CRM.

Alejandro Cesetti responded on 26 Jan 2017 11:26 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I worked with Microsoft on this item, and now it is fixed. They had to execute a script on their end to make it start working.

Please, don't hesitate to create a MS ticket and let them know about this, they already know how to fix it and it will be fixed quickly.

Best.

Narbeh responded on 18 Jul 2017 11:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This issue happen while I upgraded to 8.2.1 but I managed to fix it using a database script mentioned here:

community.dynamics.com/.../242390

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS