SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to test Business Scenario without actually updating record in MS Dynamics CRM

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Meet asked a question on 28 Nov 2016 2:58 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Is there a way or tool where in we can test business scenarios and not update the records in CRM?

Thanks,

Meet

David Jennaway responded on 28 Nov 2016 3:28 AM
My Badges

If the full scenario involves changing CRM data, then no. It's possible that you may have workflows or plugins that run as a result of changes, and the only way to fully test these is to make the data changes.

Instead, the normal approach would be create a test copy of the organisation database, and run your tests on that. However, if your scenarios also involve integration with other systems, you'll need to consider how you get test environments for the other systems

Martijn Eikelenboom responded on 28 Nov 2016 3:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I would definitely recommend taking a backup of your database, restoring it and importing it as a new organization. Normally you would do this in a test server, but if you don't have that available you can import it as a new organization in your production server.

Doing this enables you to test most things without changing any production data.

Meet responded on 28 Nov 2016 3:32 AM
My Badges

Okay. Thanks for the quick response. However, is there any such testing tool available?

Martijn Eikelenboom responded on 28 Nov 2016 5:18 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Not that I know of.

Martijn Eikelenboom responded on 28 Nov 2016 3:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I would definitely recommend taking a backup of your database, restoring it and importing it as a new organization. Normally you would do this in a test server, but if you don't have that available you can import it as a new organization in your production server.

Doing this enables you to test most things without changing any production data.

Martijn Eikelenboom responded on 28 Nov 2016 5:18 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Not that I know of.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS