Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Posha Mudam asked a question on 25 Apr 2017 2:52 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Good morning

has anyone an answer for me?

I have found the post related to my issue but no resolution on this

title "Forgot Password - Email to contact is not sent" 

https://community.adxstudio.com/forums/adxstudio-portals/1f8701ef-8629-e611-9400-000d3a104d8d

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Benjamin John responded on 9 May 2017 12:45 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Posha,

there are few things you can check:

• Email address
    • Exists exactly one contact with this email address?
    • Is the email address written correct in the contact and on the password reset control
  • Contact
    • Is disallow for email set?
    • Is disallow for bulk email set?

• Process "Send Password Reset To Contact"
    • Is it active?
    • Has someone changed the process and now it is corrupt?
  • Email Activity
    • Is it created?
    • Is it send?
  • Site Settings
    There is a feedback here in the forum concerning the site setting "Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail" can cause problems.
    https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/226179 
  • Email interface
    I won't go too deep here, but if you have an pending email activity with the correct recipient it must be sent somehow.

Regards,
Ben

Posha Mudam responded on 18 May 2017 8:11 AM

I did tried all the options suggested above but still didn't receive the email - workflow also not trigger to send a email.

Thanks a lot for your effort.

PZ123 responded on 3 Nov 2017 10:45 AM

Hello, I am receiving the same issue. Can you please tell me if you have found a resolution for this? Thanks. 

Savvy Stacey responded on 18 Dec 2017 7:36 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Add the following two records to Site Settings:

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordEnabled

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail

Sathis Kumar responded on 17 Jan 2018 10:30 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

The real issue with ADX Reset Password if the contact has duplicates records in CRM it won't send the reset password email because the CRM Action which will not identify the user Id. 

Furthermore, even though if the duplicate contact is merged it won't work.

Make sure you don't have a duplicate contact on your system.

Regards,

Sathis

Arpit Shrivastava responded on 17 Jan 2018 11:49 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Posha,

Please have a look my below article to solve your issue:

http://arpitmscrmhunt.blogspot.in/2017/11/crm-portal-validate-that-email-already.html

Mark it verified, If your problem resolved

Cheers

Arpit

http://arpitmscrmhunt.blogspot.in

Sathis Kumar responded on 17 Jan 2018 11:57 PM
My Badges

Hi Arpit,

Using Odata Feed is anonymous. It means anybody can see your data by adding .crmportals/_odata

It unsecure to use the Odata especially the contacts which can be seen by everyone.

Regards,

Sathis

Arpit Shrivastava responded on 18 Jan 2018 5:02 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Yup Agreed, but you can control it by restricting the information being exposed on portal. For example, if you want to query on email address field only, use only email address field in the odata view instead of keeping rest of the information.

Sathis Kumar responded on 18 Jan 2018 5:42 AM
My Badges

Hi,

Exposing confidential email address is data breaching it means anybody can see confidential email address...  Better solution is to expose the standalone Webservice with secured connection using API token... I will never implement adxstudio odata feed especially for contacts... May be using web template and exposing to application/json with secure API may be one of the possibilities of implementing in CRM portal.

It is up to customer to decide if they are ok to expose the data in public domain but again the scenario differs.

John V responded on 16 Mar 2018 9:14 AM
Suggested Answer

We ran into this same problem. The Forgot Password function fires off a process called "Send Password Reset To Contact". Examining the process Sessions I found that the workflow was being triggered but each time it failed with Error -2147218688 "Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable".  

I was doing this with a contact I had created and I knew for certain that the contact had a valid email address, was marked as emailable, etc. So the problem made no sense to me.  Then I found this article and looked more closely at the FROM field on the email. It was from the owner of the contact which is SYSTEM user. That's how the contacts are created when someone registers in the portal.

Surmising that perhaps SYSTEM does not have permissions to send email, I tried changing my contact owner to someone that I knew had permission to send, and re-tested the Forgot Password process and it worked!

I still need to decide the best way to deal with this. I will probably go through and change the FROM for all email notifications to be a team which makes sense in this client's organization.  I could enable email send for SYSTEM, but end users who receive an email from the SYSTEM user are probably not going to understand who that is.

Anyone else run into this? If so, what did you do about it?

Bira responded on 22 May 2019 5:34 AM
Suggested Answer

When a user submits the subscription from the portal a Contact record is created with "System" as owner. If this user asks to remind the password the workflow fails.
If you change the Contact record owner to another CRM user with email enabled the adx_SendPasswordResetToContact sends the email out without any issues.

Benjamin John responded on 9 May 2017 12:45 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Posha,

there are few things you can check:

• Email address
    • Exists exactly one contact with this email address?
    • Is the email address written correct in the contact and on the password reset control
  • Contact
    • Is disallow for email set?
    • Is disallow for bulk email set?

• Process "Send Password Reset To Contact"
    • Is it active?
    • Has someone changed the process and now it is corrupt?
  • Email Activity
    • Is it created?
    • Is it send?
  • Site Settings
    There is a feedback here in the forum concerning the site setting "Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail" can cause problems.
    https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/226179 
  • Email interface
    I won't go too deep here, but if you have an pending email activity with the correct recipient it must be sent somehow.

Regards,
Ben

Savvy Stacey responded on 18 Dec 2017 7:36 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Add the following two records to Site Settings:

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordEnabled

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail

Sathis Kumar responded on 17 Jan 2018 10:30 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

The real issue with ADX Reset Password if the contact has duplicates records in CRM it won't send the reset password email because the CRM Action which will not identify the user Id. 

Furthermore, even though if the duplicate contact is merged it won't work.

Make sure you don't have a duplicate contact on your system.

Regards,

Sathis

Arpit Shrivastava responded on 17 Jan 2018 11:49 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Posha,

Please have a look my below article to solve your issue:

http://arpitmscrmhunt.blogspot.in/2017/11/crm-portal-validate-that-email-already.html

Mark it verified, If your problem resolved

Cheers

Arpit

http://arpitmscrmhunt.blogspot.in

Arpit Shrivastava responded on 18 Jan 2018 5:02 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Yup Agreed, but you can control it by restricting the information being exposed on portal. For example, if you want to query on email address field only, use only email address field in the odata view instead of keeping rest of the information.

John V responded on 16 Mar 2018 9:14 AM
Suggested Answer

We ran into this same problem. The Forgot Password function fires off a process called "Send Password Reset To Contact". Examining the process Sessions I found that the workflow was being triggered but each time it failed with Error -2147218688 "Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable".  

I was doing this with a contact I had created and I knew for certain that the contact had a valid email address, was marked as emailable, etc. So the problem made no sense to me.  Then I found this article and looked more closely at the FROM field on the email. It was from the owner of the contact which is SYSTEM user. That's how the contacts are created when someone registers in the portal.

Surmising that perhaps SYSTEM does not have permissions to send email, I tried changing my contact owner to someone that I knew had permission to send, and re-tested the Forgot Password process and it worked!

I still need to decide the best way to deal with this. I will probably go through and change the FROM for all email notifications to be a team which makes sense in this client's organization.  I could enable email send for SYSTEM, but end users who receive an email from the SYSTEM user are probably not going to understand who that is.

Anyone else run into this? If so, what did you do about it?

Bira responded on 22 May 2019 5:34 AM
Suggested Answer

When a user submits the subscription from the portal a Contact record is created with "System" as owner. If this user asks to remind the password the workflow fails.
If you change the Contact record owner to another CRM user with email enabled the adx_SendPasswordResetToContact sends the email out without any issues.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS