Dynamics 365 javascript coding

Question Status

Verified
AKREM asked a question on 6 Oct 2017 6:22 PM

Hi Team,

I like to learn JavaScript for Dynamics 365 coding purposes and I am looking for a useful BOOK, well structured that contains all the required information. 

Can you recommend a book to me?

And how about this one:  "Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Cookbook" – July 6, 2017?

Thank you!

Akrem

Aric Levin responded on 8 Oct 2017 12:41 AM

Hi Akrem,

I have not seen this book personally, so I can't comment on it in particular.

It does have a Foreword by Scott Durow, which is already a benefit.

Saying that, what is your overall experience with JavaScript? If you don't have any JS experience, I would start with general JS, before diving into JS for D365.

Hope this helps.

AKREM responded on 8 Oct 2017 9:38 AM

Thanks for you reply Aric.. I have a good experience with javascript and I worked on JS for Dynamics 365. I am wondering for a book just to learn more.

Verified Answer
Aric Levin responded on 8 Oct 2017 10:11 AM

It seems like the book that you referred to has a lot more than just JavaScript. I don't think there is a particular book that focuses mainly on JavaScript for Dynamics 365.

There are a lot of places online that you can get sample code on how to implement certain things.

You can also take a look at crmbook.powerobjects.com/.../javascript to get started.

Hope this helps.

Verified Answer
Aric Levin responded on 8 Oct 2017 10:11 AM

It seems like the book that you referred to has a lot more than just JavaScript. I don't think there is a particular book that focuses mainly on JavaScript for Dynamics 365.

There are a lot of places online that you can get sample code on how to implement certain things.

You can also take a look at crmbook.powerobjects.com/.../javascript to get started.

Hope this helps.