SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Sales segmentation by item and customer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

slinville asked a question on 31 May 2018 12:17 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello! I'm under the impression that under "advanced find" you should be able to look up sales of a particular product ID and then see all the customers who have bought this item. I'm using Dynamics 2016 and am struggling to figure this out correctly. Please help!

Thanks!

Wayne Walton responded on 31 May 2018 1:03 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Depends on how your sales process works.  You might need to do something like looking at Opportunity Products where the Opportunity equals Won, then add the column in your Advanced Find of the Potential Customer from the parent Opportunity.

You could potentially do the same thing on the invoice or order level, if you're using those instead.

So the question really is, "what are you using to tie a product to a customer in your sales process?  Because there's no direct link between a product and customer by default.

Wayne Walton responded on 31 May 2018 1:03 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Depends on how your sales process works.  You might need to do something like looking at Opportunity Products where the Opportunity equals Won, then add the column in your Advanced Find of the Potential Customer from the parent Opportunity.

You could potentially do the same thing on the invoice or order level, if you're using those instead.

So the question really is, "what are you using to tie a product to a customer in your sales process?  Because there's no direct link between a product and customer by default.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS