SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Filter Dynamic CRM view based on user input

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Narender Yelgapuri asked a question on 7 Feb 2019 3:04 PM

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

Can we create a view which can be filtered with the values(condition values) given to it dynamically than hardcoded in the fetchXML query? so can call the view by URL passing the condition values as part of query string. As an Example, the following query to be part of the view

<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false">
<entity name="EntityName">
<attribute name="Attrib1" />
<filter type="and">
<condition attribute="Filter1" operator="eq" value="XYZ" />
<condition attribute="Filter2" operator="null" />
</filter>
</entity>
</fetch>

XYZ is the value i want to pass as part of the query string

Thanks,

Narender

Verified Answer

You cannot pass parameters to view via URL query string.  It does not support that. You can pass to a form not to a View.

docs.microsoft.com/.../open-forms-views-dialogs-reports-url

Narender Yelgapuri responded on 8 Feb 2019 9:01 AM
Suggested Answer

Thank you! will look for an alternate.

In one of the project i worked on, i had similar requirement to work on, i ended up creating a Web resource that displays all the records and even data from related entities  and loads of filters. And added the web resource to sitemap tile and it will open the web resource in full screen within display area but it did have to put a lot effort as everything is custom built.

Narender Yelgapuri responded on 8 Feb 2019 10:00 AM

That's looks lot of custom things you added, i need to show the list of items based on the custom criteria and the user should be able to navigate to individual records from the list and update them and its all one entity. I think i need to do a simple custom view using web resource as you did.

Suggested Answer

Hi Narender ,'

Do you want to filter subgrid view , if yes then you can have a look below reference .

yeshwanthco5.wordpress.com/.../filter-sub-grid-in-ms-crm-2016

If you are talking about Home Grid , then I believe you need to do with custom HTML web resource , there is many third party grid available like Jquery grid , easyUI .  You can directly point web resource in using sitemap editor by creating custom navigation.

In the HTML bind the data retrieving WEB API request where you can put your custom filter criteria considering you need to built some custom control for filter condition . There is a facility to add on row click where you can also navigate to the paticular record using OpenEntityForm ,

Narender Yelgapuri responded on 8 Feb 2019 11:38 AM

Goutam, iam looking for a functionality like Home Grid, will try using the 3rd party grids, Thank you!

Verified Answer

You cannot pass parameters to view via URL query string.  It does not support that. You can pass to a form not to a View.

docs.microsoft.com/.../open-forms-views-dialogs-reports-url

Narender Yelgapuri responded on 8 Feb 2019 9:01 AM
Suggested Answer

Thank you! will look for an alternate.

Suggested Answer

Hi Narender ,'

Do you want to filter subgrid view , if yes then you can have a look below reference .

yeshwanthco5.wordpress.com/.../filter-sub-grid-in-ms-crm-2016

If you are talking about Home Grid , then I believe you need to do with custom HTML web resource , there is many third party grid available like Jquery grid , easyUI .  You can directly point web resource in using sitemap editor by creating custom navigation.

In the HTML bind the data retrieving WEB API request where you can put your custom filter criteria considering you need to built some custom control for filter condition . There is a facility to add on row click where you can also navigate to the paticular record using OpenEntityForm ,

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS