SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics CRM / XRMtoolbox help on retrieving data from transaction history

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Bobby125126 asked a question on 9 May 2019 10:08 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi all I would like to pull out the record from transaction history based on a specified transaction code for a certain time period. Any way to extract the data using xrmtoolbox for customer transactions and which entity does it belong to? Currently in CRM, I am able to search for customer id followed by their transaction history by clicking into their unique account numbers.

I have the html and source code. Would it be helpful?

Thank you in advance.

Is this a custom entity or OOB entity? Could you please share the actual entity logical name?  I should be able to build the query.

Bobby125126 responded on 9 May 2019 11:02 AM

Thanks Kokulan. May I know how to identify if it is a custom entity or OOB entity? Would it be useful if I provide the html and source code?

Ravi Kashyap responded on 12 May 2019 11:04 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

If its an entity then it will appear under the customizations and you can use the Export to Excel option to extract the data. Go to Setting >> Customizations >> Customize the system >> {This will open popup with all your customizations } >>Select 'Entities' >> {Look for your transaction entity}. Something like this-

Hope this helps.

Bobby125126 responded on 13 May 2019 2:29 AM

Hi Kokulan,

Any other way to reach you for discussion? Appreciate it.

Bobby125126 responded on 13 May 2019 2:31 AM

Thanks Ravi, I will try your method and update you on the status. Appreciate it :)

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 13 May 2019 2:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If you need a data from unique id then you have to create a custom application.

For full data, You can export it in excel from Advanced find .

Suggested Answer

You could send private message but if the details can be shared I would recommend you share the details here as this would help others in the future to resolve similar issue.

If you are using XrmToolBox, there is a plugin called Metadata browser and this plugin allows you to search any entity and get to their attributes and props.

Please see below

Bobby125126 responded on 16 May 2019 12:35 AM

Hi Kokulan,

I've tried downloading metadata browser plugin, however the transaction entity doesn't appear.

My guess would be that transaction history is not stored and named as transaction entity in database.

For my company, every customer will have an account number with us. Each account will have a unique account number. There is a “Transactions” ribbon beside the account number.

After clicking, a pop up will appear for user to select on the dates.

After clicking “Submit”, the pop up will refresh and the transactions data for the unique account number will be generated.

Under “Code” Column in the data generated, “QCDM” indicates that a payment is received.

Is there any way to generate via xrm toolbox for customers that has “QCDM” transactions for the past 30 days?

(unable to post pictures at this website thus I'm explaining via words)

Thank you in advance.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Where do you see the transactions? Do you see them within Account form in a Sub grid?

If you could share some screenshot that would be great. if these are sensitive data, please remember to mask them using MS Paint or other tools before you share here.

Yes you can certain search all the accounts that have QCMD for Code column in the past 30 days.

Before I give you an actual example FETCH query, please share the above details

Bobby125126 responded on 20 May 2019 10:23 PM

Hi Kokulan, thanks for your insights.

However, I have difficulty on attaching and posting screenshots here.

There isn’t a button for me to attach the files.

Perhaps if you do not mind, I can send you an email with the attachments of the printscreen.

Thanks in advance.

Bobby125126 responded on 29 May 2019 2:38 AM

Hi Kokulan,

For my company, every customer will have an account number with us. Each account will have a unique account number. There is a “Transactions” ribbon beside the account number as per the first picture. Link:

After clicking, a pop up will appear as shown in the second picture to select on the dates.

Link:

After clicking “Submit”, the pop up will refresh and the data will be generated as per the third picture.

Link:

Under “Code” Column, “QCDM” indicates that a payment is received.

Is there any way to generate via xrm toolbox for customers that has “QCDM” transactions for the past 30 days?

Thank you in advance.

Hi

Yes the query is possible but could you please share more detail on the Dynamics CRM version you are using.  

Is that a custom UI? the screenshot you shared does not seem to be CRM standard forms and views so I am curious as to what version it is.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Yes if the data is stored in CRM entities, yes the query is possible but could you please share more detail on what version of CRM you are using.

That UI you shared in the screenshots does not look like standard CRM form or views.

Are these all custom web resources?

Hi

Yes the query is possible if the data is stored in CRM entities but first could you please share more details on the version of Dynamics CRM you are using?

The screenshots you shared does not seem like standard CRM View or Form. Are these all custom UIs?

Hi

Yes the query is simple and straightforward  but I have noticed that your screenshots don't seem to be standard CRM form or views. Could you please share details on your CRM version.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 12 May 2019 11:04 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

If its an entity then it will appear under the customizations and you can use the Export to Excel option to extract the data. Go to Setting >> Customizations >> Customize the system >> {This will open popup with all your customizations } >>Select 'Entities' >> {Look for your transaction entity}. Something like this-

Hope this helps.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 13 May 2019 2:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If you need a data from unique id then you have to create a custom application.

For full data, You can export it in excel from Advanced find .

Suggested Answer

You could send private message but if the details can be shared I would recommend you share the details here as this would help others in the future to resolve similar issue.

If you are using XrmToolBox, there is a plugin called Metadata browser and this plugin allows you to search any entity and get to their attributes and props.

Please see below

Suggested Answer

Hi

Where do you see the transactions? Do you see them within Account form in a Sub grid?

If you could share some screenshot that would be great. if these are sensitive data, please remember to mask them using MS Paint or other tools before you share here.

Yes you can certain search all the accounts that have QCMD for Code column in the past 30 days.

Before I give you an actual example FETCH query, please share the above details

Suggested Answer

Hi

Yes if the data is stored in CRM entities, yes the query is possible but could you please share more detail on what version of CRM you are using.

That UI you shared in the screenshots does not look like standard CRM form or views.

Are these all custom web resources?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS