SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Tracking calender meetings and appointments to CRM destroys text formatting

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

ThMoJe asked a question on 10 May 2019 8:28 AM

Question Status

Verified

When I track calendar items, either with the app or by assigning the category "Tracked To Dynamics 365", invitations go out fine looking as they should, but when the serverside syncronisation takes place within 15 minuttes, all text formatting is removed, links, paragraph/new line, are removed, leaving the tesxt looking horrible.

This started to happen early april, before that no problem.

Any idea to what is causing this, or where to start troubleshooting?

Rob Landolt responded on 10 May 2019 8:44 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

It was a bug introduced with the April update. The bug also re-opens completed phone calls as well as stripping out the formatting of the text fields. I submitted the bug (as did several other people) after the update, and according to Microsoft it's due to be fixed with an update the weekend of May 25. There's no workaround, either. Even if you fix the formatting, it will strip out the formatting the next time it syncs.

Unfortunately the damage is permanent. If they fix the bug it won't correct the already corrupted text fields. They'll have to be fixed by hand.

I advise anyone who is having this problem to open a support ticket with Microsoft even though it's already been reported. The more widespread the reports, hopefully the more attention Microsoft will give it.

ThMoJe responded on 10 May 2019 12:02 PM

Thanks for quick response. I will open a support ticket.

Rob Landolt responded on 10 May 2019 8:44 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

It was a bug introduced with the April update. The bug also re-opens completed phone calls as well as stripping out the formatting of the text fields. I submitted the bug (as did several other people) after the update, and according to Microsoft it's due to be fixed with an update the weekend of May 25. There's no workaround, either. Even if you fix the formatting, it will strip out the formatting the next time it syncs.

Unfortunately the damage is permanent. If they fix the bug it won't correct the already corrupted text fields. They'll have to be fixed by hand.

I advise anyone who is having this problem to open a support ticket with Microsoft even though it's already been reported. The more widespread the reports, hopefully the more attention Microsoft will give it.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS