SBX - Forum Post Title

Showing data on Portal without logging in

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Priyesh Wagh asked a question on 14 May 2019 12:04 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I have a requirement to show some data from dynamics crm on the portal. I m going with liquid template where I am using fetchxml. However i am not getting any data. Do i need to login to see the data? Is there an option to show data as soon as a customer clicked on the url without login.

Note that i am using query string to get the id from url and using that as a parameter in liquid fetch xml.
Justin Jose responded on 14 May 2019 6:36 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Priyesh,

Are you able to view the records after logging in? If there is no issue with liquid template then its based on entity permission and web roles.

You have to assign Anonymous Users Role access portal without logging in and also appropriate entity permission based on requirements.

Thanks

Justin Jose

Ravi Kashyap responded on 14 May 2019 6:46 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Priyesh,

Fetch xml enforces entity permissions by default. So if you do not have entity permission for the entity you are retrieving, you will get no results.

To test this, you can create  a global entity permissions and assign it to anonymous user.

Hope this helps.

Priyesh Wagh responded on 15 May 2019 7:39 AM
My Badges

Thanks Ravi and Justin,

Both of your answers were helpful.

Justin Jose responded on 14 May 2019 6:36 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Priyesh,

Are you able to view the records after logging in? If there is no issue with liquid template then its based on entity permission and web roles.

You have to assign Anonymous Users Role access portal without logging in and also appropriate entity permission based on requirements.

Thanks

Justin Jose

Ravi Kashyap responded on 14 May 2019 6:46 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Priyesh,

Fetch xml enforces entity permissions by default. So if you do not have entity permission for the entity you are retrieving, you will get no results.

To test this, you can create  a global entity permissions and assign it to anonymous user.

Hope this helps.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS