SBX - Forum Post Title

Unable to open Service Activities in Outlook

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Charlotte Henighan asked a question on 23 May 2019 6:45 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

We have many users on CRM 2015 with server-side synch on appointments, contacts and tasks - This is for Service Activity appointments to show in outlook.

It has been working fine for many years, service activities appearing in outlook and opening the appointment as an outlook appointment successfully.

I have now added a new user to a new module we have created (she already has email tracking for another module, so her outlook in already configured to CRM) and I have updated her user to synch as above.  The service activities are showing in her outlook but she is unable to open them.

I believe they are trying to open them as a CRM Service Activity and not an appointment in outlook which is preventing it from opening.  Please help.

The configuration in CRM is the same as the other users and I have checked the configuration in outlook  'select which forms to use' are all un-ticked. I have had to add a user filter to synch the service activities as they didn't auto populate without this.

All users can also open other users appointments but again this user cannot.

Radu Chiribelea responded on 23 May 2019 1:45 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Charlotte,

Have you tried enabling tracing for the CRM for Outlook Client (in parallel with the CRM Platform traces). Do you see there any errors?

Please see following link on how to enable traces for the outlook client support.microsoft.com/.../how-to-enable-tracing-for-the-microsoft-dynamics-crm-for-outlook-clien

Regards,

Radu

Radu Chiribelea responded on 23 May 2019 1:45 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Charlotte,

Have you tried enabling tracing for the CRM for Outlook Client (in parallel with the CRM Platform traces). Do you see there any errors?

Please see following link on how to enable traces for the outlook client support.microsoft.com/.../how-to-enable-tracing-for-the-microsoft-dynamics-crm-for-outlook-clien

Regards,

Radu

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS