Question Status

Suggested Answer
Cale Sinfield asked a question on 9 Jul 2012 6:17 AM

HI

I am having trouble sharing dashboards in CRM 2011 i am getting a message on the other users machine saying not enough permision?

Please help

Rune Daub responded on 9 Jul 2012 6:21 AM

This sounds like a problem with the security roles.

You should look into the users security roles and see if the owning user has some access that the second users has not.

Cale Sinfield responded on 9 Jul 2012 6:30 AM

I thought that but from what i can see all is good.

Rune Daub responded on 9 Jul 2012 6:37 AM

Can you post the error screen?

Cale Sinfield responded on 9 Jul 2012 6:42 AM

Its not letting me! :( The message says you do not have enough privilages and to contact administrator

Thanks for your help :)

Mohammad Atif responded on 17 Jul 2012 4:12 PM

Can you please assign the System Admin Security role to the User and check this behavior. Or this is something which system admin is also getting from the Users system?

Suggested Answer
Adam Pasch responded on 18 Jul 2012 12:19 PM

Did you create the dashboard, and now you are trying to share?

Or, was the dashboard shared to you and now you are trying to share?

If it is the 2nd, then the owner of the dashboard needs to give permission to share or assign it to you to make you the owner.

kmpiotrowski responded on 8 Nov 2012 8:03 AM

I am actually having the same issue- Here are the details:

Two users, both with the same role.  user A creates a dashboard and shares it with user B.  User B sees the dashboard as shared, but cannot see any of the data, it's blank.

Joe Dubs responded on 8 Nov 2012 10:20 AM

Make sure you are sharing not only the dashboard(s) but also the view(s) and chart(s) that comprise the dashboard(s).

kmpiotrowski responded on 8 Nov 2012 12:40 PM

I did some additional testing on this:

User A created 3 views and shared them with User B.  

The views are accessed just fine by User B.

User A creates a dashboard with the 3 views using List objects and shares with User B

User B can view this no problem

User A creates a dashboard using the 3 views and uses Chart object and shares with User B

User B gets permissions error and cannot view

Suggested Answer
Richard Smith responded on 8 Nov 2012 2:17 PM

We had a similar issue on a client site, what I found to be the cause was that the security role did not have  Read Permissions (set at Organization level) on the Publisher entity which is found on the customization tab.

Suggested Answer
Adam Pasch responded on 18 Jul 2012 12:19 PM

Did you create the dashboard, and now you are trying to share?

Or, was the dashboard shared to you and now you are trying to share?

If it is the 2nd, then the owner of the dashboard needs to give permission to share or assign it to you to make you the owner.

Suggested Answer
Richard Smith responded on 8 Nov 2012 2:17 PM

We had a similar issue on a client site, what I found to be the cause was that the security role did not have  Read Permissions (set at Organization level) on the Publisher entity which is found on the customization tab.