MS CRM 4 Reports installation issue

Question Status

Unanswered
Venugopal SK asked a question on 4 Nov 2008 2:05 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for taking your time.

The client did their earlier installation using a domain admin account. The reports were not working.

1. I have un-installed MS CRM 4.
2. Un-installed Reporting service
3. restarted the server
4. Installed reporting services using a service account and set the we service credentials to network service.
5. Logged off the server.
6. Logged on back as another service account.
7. I have re-installed MS CRM 4 by connecting to the existing data bases.
8. Installed the connector on the reporting services server.
9. Run the publish tool also

inspite of all this I cannot run the default reports in CRM.

I cannot find the reports folder in Report Manager and neither the data source. The report server url runs fine and so does the manager url.

The error I am getting is below:

[SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.

SoapException: The item '/AJG_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource' cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/AJG_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource' cannot be found.
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.CatalogItemFactory.InternalGetCatalogItem(CatalogItemContext itemContext, Boolean doSync)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.GetDataSourceContentsAction.PerformActionNow()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSSoapAction`1.Execute()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005Impl.GetDataSourceContents(String DataSource, DataSourceDefinition& Definition)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005Impl.GetDataSourceContents(String DataSource, DataSourceDefinition& Definition)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005.GetDataSourceContents(String DataSource, DataSourceDefinition& Definition)]
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.ReportingServices2005.ReportingService2005.GetDataSourceContents(String DataSource)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.ReportServer.VerifyAndConfigDataConnector()

[CrmReportingException: The item '/AJG_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource' cannot be found.]
   at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.ReportServer.VerifyAndConfigDataConnector()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.ConfigurePage()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.ajg_crmreports_rsviewer_reportviewer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I

Many thanks for your help.
Baris Kanlica responded on 6 Nov 2008 11:41 AM

Hi,

Maybe there is an authentication problem occour when you run pubish tool. so the reports didn't upload to report server. did you try to add 1 or 2 reports to reports server manually ?