Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
We have downloaded the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Phones app and attempting to connect to a 2016 online instance.
This appears to work for Windows phones but not for Android phones. For Android, we get an unable to connect to server error message.
However trying to connect to a 2015 Update 1 / another 2016 organisation the app appears to work
Anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening for just one orgnaisation?
We found a solution to this problem; albeit a strange one.
I've seen this issue posted many times across the internet with no working solution.
What we have found is that, for whatever reason, the issue is resolved if you connect to a different organisation first. We were getting the server error for all Android devices, but after connecting them to a test system in another tenant first and then reconfiguring them to point to the original environment it synced without a problem.
I'm not sure if this is some kind of bug.
Hopefully this will be useful for someone.
Working fine for me, not sure if this has anything to do with the error but maybe you can try updating your Android version. This could be something related to your Android software not being up to date.
Business Applications communities