Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm using Dynamics CRM On Premise 2016.
Been around since 2010 and updated regularly. Everything, emails, activities etc are tracked. This means we have some large accounts. Database is going towards 300gb.
I need to change the owner of a parent account with a large number of sub accounts. In the past, I was able to just leave this running overnight and it recursively did the job.
This time, it spins for days to no success. I've tried moving all the sub accounts on their own and they are fine, but the parent account (with the most data) still won't complete. Not error, just goes to work and never finishes.
Its a confidential client account, so I can't post specific details or logs.
Any guidance is appreciated.
Create an on demand process (Workflow) to reassign the record? Maybe that will work better than the reassign button? Then go to system jobs and see what the process is doing?
Thanks for your reply. I've tried this and it is just 'in progress'. I will leave it for another day or so before coming back to you, but not confident this is going to complete.
If you going to reassign all the records of this owner to another user you can try bulk reassign. I don't think is possible for a specific record only.
Otherwise you might need to assign those records and sub records bit by bit.
You might probably solve it by modifying "assign" behavior on all account relationships so "assign" does not propagate to the child records. But, then, you would have to re-assign those child records separately, unless you are ok leaving them with the previous owner
This worked! No idea why this is any different to assigning it manually but it did the job.
Business Applications communities