Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
About two days ago IE11 started crashing when a user tries to open a new activity, Case, Service Activity, etc. in 2011. Browser locks with the message "Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer. A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage. Windows Data Execution Prevention detected an add-on trying to use system memory incorrectly. This can be caused by a malfunction or a malicious add-on.
I have disabled all add-ons in IE11 except the ones from Microsoft. Other than turning off DEP for IE11 is there any thoughts on this?
OS is windows 10.
We have noticed this also with several of our clients the same issue and have been looking at it since Thursday of last week when we started getting the first reports of it. We find somewhat a temp fix is to disable all addons except these 3:
XSL TemplateXML DOM Doc 3Free Threaded XML DOM Doc
It can still crash after even doing that. In doing some testing today I think it may be the result of a Office 16 update that was done possibly last week, are you by chance using Office 16?
Last week I started getting sporadic reports but just thought it was just a fluke and could not reproduce. It has moved to everyone this week. We are also on Office16, and I have done the same in disabling the add-ons but the issue still occurs. I guess a little less is better than nothing. This morning I came up with the idea that its only happening when you create a new activity from a dashboard, I know I am grasping for straws here, I will test with other users and see. Keep me posted if you get any updates.
Below is the error I am getting.
7/13/2017 8:41 AM
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE
Application Version: 11.0.15063.0
Application Timestamp: 5019fe1a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2beb
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_19_FROM_ntdll+0x000722CC
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: cfd7
Additional Information 4: cfd7ad72b02c318914bfc4ba719d4940
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 857865442092cee477d25e961cef1039 (116404698319)
We seem to see it happen on anything that causes a popup to open causes the crash so new appointment open a contact etc.
Hey Garabed we are having the same exact issues, Dynamics 4 and IE 11....most users are Win 7. It only seems to crash with that error when it does a browser pop up. Looking at the timing it seems maybe browser update related. Still looking into it
DM85 are you also using Office 365 or Office 2016?
Office 365 Hybrid and Office 2016
So I know this isn't a 100% fix but I was able to prevent it from crashing doing the following:
IE11 version .44
Set IE to always open pop up windows to a tab
Turn off pop up blocker
For some reason when CRM pops up a window it crashes IE11 and then DEP kicks off thinking something is sketchy. I tried all kinds of weird combinations and this is the only thing that worked. Hopefully we can find something more solid. Let me know if it works for you guys.
I tried rolling back O365 update. went back to version 8201.2102, the version before last week's update. so far so good.
1) From Outlook > File > Office Account > Office Updates > Disable Updates
2) Run cmd prompt as ADMIN
3) C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun>OfficeC2RClient.exe /update USER updatetoversion=16.0.8201.2102
Thanks Mike, I will give it a shot when I test some other users if mine doesn't work for them. Clearly this recent update is causing issues for CRM 4/2011 to cause IE 11 to crash. Anyone from Microsoft listening or active on these forums?
Just wanted to confirm the roll back Mike mentioned is working correctly.
I applied the roll back and so far so good.
Noticed on some of the machines I tried to roll back and received:
You're up to date!
The latest version of Office approved by your system admin is installed on your computer.
That happened to me when I forgot to disable updates before rolling back.
Reinstalling to an older Office 365 version (2 months old) did the trick for now, couldn't bypass that prior error for some reason. I hope Microsoft is able to fix this in an update, hate to have updates disabled until we migrate off the ancient CRM 4.
FYI this error comes due to the update you're trying to change to not being allowed in your current update channel. So, you need to change the update channel URL to make it work. I made a BAT-fil to downgrade for my users with the following lines:
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration /v CDNBaseUrl /d officecdn.microsoft.com/.../492350f6-3a01-4f97-b9c0-c7c6ddf67d60 /f
cd "%programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun"
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.7766.2060
rmdir "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OfficeFileCache" /s /q
The last part is because of errors in the Office document cache due to rolling back Office.
If that updatechannel doesn't work for you, try one of the others. Here is a page where the URLs are all listed:
Business Applications communities