Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Good afternoon guys.
I'm facing a rather interesting problem when trying to import data by using an excel template.
I have a Product Entity which has a lookup field to Account, and i keep getting the following error:
Now i already did my research and triple checked if i have a duplicate of the Accounts im trying to connect my Products, and there is only one record of each, i even tried Advanced Find and a Search CRM data approach to see if i might get any results and i keep getting only one record of each.
The interesting thing here is that i deleted the accounts in question and tried to import my products again using the same name of the accounts in the lookup column to see if i will get another error saying the records don't exist, but alas i got the same duplicate lookup reference was found error.
So this means that even though i deleted the account records that i was getting the error for they still seem to be somewhere in my system.
Any suggestions and ideas on how to check if i have duplicates is welcomed.
Is it possible that the error is coming for a different field?
Can you share the import failed screenshot?
Vendor is our Account we just changed the name....
Is it possbile that it is trying to create the Vendor/Account even though it already exists?, but then im thinking why am i getting the same error when i delete the records, i should be getting a whole different error.....
This is strange. I am assuming that you have you have already verified there are no accounts with that name?
you certainly have a duplicated Label (also within inactive records).
The fastest solution is to map your field over an unique attribute value.
Please refer to this link:
Hope it helps!
If you found the answer helpful, please mark as Verified
Join my network on LinkedIn Follow me on Twitter
Thank You & Best Regards
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Consultant, Bologna, ITALY
Im using a template created from Excel Templates option, so when i upload the file i don't get the option to do custom mapping, because the columns in the excel file are an exact match, so i'm simply prompted if i wanna allow duplicates and to set an owner to the records.
Also i think it is worth mentioning that while testing the import data feature i imported all of the (read most of them) records but it was under the lead entity and out of around 800 records i managed to upload around 600 without errors.
After that i deleted all of the records from the import delete option, where you can select to delete all the records that were imported, is it possible that even though i deleted everything they are persisting somewhere in the system.
P.S Francesco i checked if there are any duplicates under my inactive accounts but that view returned nothing, there are no inactive accounts shown.
If you save the excel as csv and import that, you will get option to map fields as well.
Worth a try.
Yeah i just did that got a bunch of other errors, imma try and fix those and see what i get.
Will update the tread as soon as i get stuck again.
This is getting quite frustrating, i ran a full circle and came back to the same error with the duplicate reference.
I even went as far as give my account column a bogus name (the account most definetly does not exist the name is made up) and got the same error, so there is no doubt in my mind that the account exist, anyone out there ran into a similar problem?
I used a csv file, and managed to get through the error for some reason with other file formats i was getting that error.
Today i need to figure out how to deal with The unit schedule id is missing.
Already researched and saw that i need to input default unit, default price list and unit group.
I encountered the same issue, with Accounts which have a Primary Contact.
After some time of researching, I noticed that the my chosen language of the import file was in a different language than the one used in the crm.
After changing of my system language to the one of my excel, sheet it worked.
Hope this helps.
In my case, the excel file was simply poorly created by the client, it had many duplicates, and i had to manually fix the duplicates
Business Applications communities