Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Hello to everyone,
We have the Microsoft CRM 2013 On-Premise with the Rollup 4 since 1 month.
Before, on the Rollup 3, we did many times the task to update the status of our Accounts based on some internal rules. To did this we used the Import tool(Exporting the Advanced view to Excel, work with the data and Re-import the file into the system) without any kind of issue.
Now after the update to the Rollup 4, we are not able to do the update of the status for the Accounts, the system give us always the message as the job was successfully completed, however the Account remain Actives.
I want to ask you for your knowledge to help me in how or what I need to do to solve this issue.
Can be a broken link in the database?
Can be some kind of loose rights on the server?
Thanks in advance for your help.
are you changing the status in a workflow ?
check audit history to see what's happening , maybe it's changing to inactive then active again .
Hi, thanks for your suggestion.
No, I don't have any workflow running for the Account Entity.
I have 10 different organizations in the same server with the same issue.
Hello again ,
do you have the same issue with newly created accounts (after upgrade) ?
Yes I Have it.
one more question : do you have this issue with all other entities or just account ?
try to restart CRM services .
Is happening with the others entities.
I'm not able to change the status of the records using the import tool. in any of the organizations.
I did your suggestion and the issue still there.
how do you change the status using the import tool ?
are you exporting the records , delete it and then import it ?
can you change the status from CRM without the import tool ?
Yes I can change the status directly in the CRM, works fine.
To change the status with the import tool, you need to create an advanced find, add the fields status, run the query, export the result in excel, change the value in the status column for each desire record, import the file into the system.
Normal daily work.
Hello Again Victor ,
why you are not using a workflow " on demand" to change the status ?
in the same advance find , run the workflow on all the records you want to change status .
importing and exporting the data is good for data migration only or to add new records ,but it's not good to use it with existing records.
Thanks for your suggestion. however this solution will only let me update 250 Accounts each time and with some limitations. The limitation are because we can't use advanced business rules to decide what Account will be deactivate.
The import tool was created to help the companies ho manipulate they data in a simple way, not to migrate data. When you use the Import tool to migrate data you are making a huge mistake because you will lose the information related to the fields Create By, Create On, Modify By and Modify On.
If you want to migrate data you will need to use the Microsoft migration tool or others third party tools like XRMTOOLBOX.
Hello everyone, could you give some ideas here, please.
Kindly check if you have any duplicate detection rules set up which might not be allowing the changes into MS CRM .
Similar thing might happen you have any plugin or workflow running in the background which might by causing this .
mark my suggestion as verified helpful.
Hi Victor ,
according to my experience import issue are always caused by:
1) custom code like workflow/plugins/biz rules not working as expected
2) incorrect field mapping
Before advising you about "solutions" i will advise you about best practices to find the problem.
1) disable all custom code running over your entity (workflow, plugin steps, biz rules)
2) check if 2 or more attribute within this entity share the same label (eg. statuscode attribute with label "Status" and a new attribute like "new_statuscode" with same label "Status")
3) check if there are two state/status option with the same label
After checking these point, please try to import a single record and let we know the result.
If you found the answer helpful, please mark as Verified
Join my network on LinkedIn Follow me on Twitter
Thank You & Best Regards
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Consultant, Bologna+Milano, ITALY
Hi Francesco, thanks for your hints.
I tried without success :(
I deactivated all the plugins and workflows.
I don't have duplicated labes for any fields in any entity.
I don't have options with the same label.
The issue is happening in all the entities.
I'm able to modify the others fields.
If I try to change the status and the status code, the job will be partially completed. however the status don't change.
If I change only the Status, the job will be completed. however the status don't change.
Is happening in the two ways: Active to Inactive and inactive to active.
This issue looks like I have some kind or error on the DB side.
This issue start after the update to the Rollup 4
I did another test, I tried to import only new records (Accounts or Contacts) with only two columns in the template (Account Name and Status). no matter if I set in the template the status to Inactive, the Account was created as Active.
Business Applications communities