Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
We're transitioning to Windows 10 with Office 2016 and having a nightmare with CRM 2011 for Outlook - specifically with the version stability. I am fully aware that Rollup 18 is the 'last supported version' for CRM 2011 and we've been running the client with that rollup patch applied (which is v 5.0.9690.4376 in Win7/Office 2010 32bit) for a long time.
However, under Windows 10 we're seeing that the earlier client v5.0.9690.1992 (Rollup 6) is actually more stable and loads in Outlook without any error. As soon as we apply the Rollup 18 (which, best practice would encourage) the plugin breaks, outlook fails to open/disables it etc).
Focussing on the 'working' version rollup 6 - the load behavior in Outlook doesn't work as expected. Once the plugin is enabled (there's 2 instances of it as seen here (which I can't seem to change): https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/dynamicscrmsupportblog/archive/2015/04/23/why-two-crm-addins-within-outlook the plugin loads and works but this setting is lost when outlook is closed. Users have to re-add the plugin everytime they open outlook.
Historically we used to set the LoadBehavior reg key under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\CRMAddin to manage this - and despite there being several reg keys available under HKCU and HKLM, non of the load behavior keys have any effect.
I've tried using RegShot, What'sChanged and a number of registry monitoring tools to inspect, but cannot for the life of me find the key responsible for loading 'both' plugin elements.
Any advice on this with Office 2016/Win 10 or tips to get to the bottom of how we can manage this would be greatly appreciated.
There was a Critical Update released on top of CRM 2011 UR 18 (build 5.0.9690.4439).
This package included several fixes for the Outlook Client. See :support.microsoft.com/.../update-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-kb-3179593
You can download the package from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54061
Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot for this, had no idea of its existence. It installs, and seems to address some stability issues (I can now open Outlook and enable the plugin without it disabling) but I've still got the load behaviour problems.
To be honest, I haven't run into this issue before - so I wonder if there isn't anything else that could influence this (Antivirus?).
Have you tried disabling all other add-ins in Outlook, Antivirus on the machine, try with a local admin?
Maybe it would be worth checking a Process Monitor trace when opening / closing Outlook - check there for any process tampering with the CRM Client / Outlook registry keys or any errors. You can get ProcMon from : docs.microsoft.com/.../procmon
Hope this helps,
we had the same problem at a customer place and the MS support team told us to add those regestery keys:
1. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient] "UseWebFormProcessIsolation"=dword:00000000
2. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security] "EnableRoamingFolderHomepages"=dword:00000002
Please do a backup before doing anything in the regedit
Thanks for this Guillaume, I tried this - no joy unfortunately.
I did not have the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Security reg key - I had to create the Security and dword.
Please note we are using Office 365 with Outlook 2016, if this has any bearing, and currently, I'm running CRM 2011 for Outlook using the patch provided earlier: support.microsoft.com/.../update-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-kb-3179593
Load behavior is still not working!
Thanks for all help thus far.
As many of you suspected, this was all caused by bad registry entries under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\CRM.addin - we had a reg value being set later in the login process (writing to the 'old' Wow6432' node causing the instability.
To fix this in Win, you simply need to apply the full client install, then the patch provided here: support.microsoft.com/.../update-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-kb-3179593
Then the load behavior managed by the same key mentioned above (HKLM) only. In Win10 (persistent desktops) you don't need to manage any other HKCU keys.
Thanks all for your help, particularly the patch above which never arrived through WSUS!
please make the answers as verified to close the thread
Business Applications communities