Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm trying to import data into a 9.0 instance that was just minimally copied from our production instance. After I enter my credentials and select the organization to connect to, the tool gets stuck at "Initializing 1 of 5 connection threads". Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix it?
I'm running the latest tools as downloaded from nuget this morning, following the instructions outlined here.
That screen is the point that the configuration migration tool will always end up at if the tool has a problem.
The 2 immediate fixes are to run the tool as administrator (right click and select run as administrator) and ensuring that you have both read and write privileges to the folder the configuration migration tool is running from.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've got the tool running out of my user folder, so permissions shouldn't be an issue. Regardless, I tried running as administrator and it still cannot connect. FWIW, I'm able to create a schema and export without issue. It's only the import that has a problem.
Looking at Fiddler, it looks like the utility is getting hung up on looking for instances. This call returns a 401 and another call is never executed.
GET globaldisco.crm.dynamics.com/.../Instances HTTP/1.1
I was able to finally connect by providing the credentials using the advanced option and bypassing the web login method. It seems there may be a bug or something else when the other method is used.
using utility more effective way if you failing to import records.
try the follow approach.
This worked for me as I was having the same problem. Thank you for posting the workaround.
Business Applications communities