Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
In our USD, when call center agent answers the call if we don’t find the suitable record with the phone number customer called, we are redirecting to Relevance Search. But we feel Relevance Search is little slow, sometimes we had issues with Azure Service also. Sometimes newly created data does not show up immediately. We are planning to move Categorized Search instead of Relevance Search.
Which one would be better Categorized Search vs Relevance Search? Appreciate your ideas and opinions.
You might also want to consider Coveo. They have an integration in Dynamics 365 and since they provide solutions for customer support, they are the most suited for your use case.
I will quickly go over the pros and cons of these 3 search provider in Dynamics that I think of:
- They can index content external to Dynamics. If you have Sharepoint, multiple Dynamics instances or external websites, they can show you that content in the search, in Dynamics.
- You can use it outside Dynamics.
- Better security support than the relevance search (Hierarchical securities is not supported by the Relevance search).
- Automated learning: Their search engine is AI powered, so it learns from previously performed search queries to improve the relevancy of the content they show you.
- Contextual search: You can add their search interface in your Dynamics forms to get content suggestions related to what you are doing.
- Configurable search interface and result templates.
- Pure DB search, so no "indexing delay", but the relevancy is quite bad.
- No unified result list.
- Better interface than Categorized Search, but still not as good as Coveo's.
You also mentionned:
-> Sometimes newly created data does not show up immediately.
The relevance search is an index external to Dynamics. It is refreshed every 15 minutes, so it will take up to 15 minutes before your newly created content shows up in your search.
The categorized search directly queries the DB where the content is written, so there should be no delay there (but no relevancy as well).
You should expect the same kind of delays with Coveo for the same reasons. One advantage over the relevance search is that they provide settings to reduce that interval.
This said here are links to the documentations of these search providers:
- On the Dynamics App Source
- Overview of the main features of their Dynamics integration
- What is Relevance Search?
Business Applications communities