Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I ran into a problem with our production CRM system, specifically with the Dynamics 365 app for Outlook. Our setup was working fine until recently.
Now when someone opens the Dynamics 365 panel in Outlook or OWA (any browser), the panel starts loading and after about a minute seems to time out and display an error ("cannot connect").
Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
Like I said, everything worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. At the time we updated the certificates of the CRM server and the ADFS server and had all available Windows updates installed. No changes to the CRM beyond that. We're using CRM on premise, current version: 18.104.22.168. I'm aware that there are newer patches and we plan to install them.
Hi Dennis, Thanks for using the Dynamics Communities. Apologies for the issue you are experiencing. This sounds like it is affecting multiple people. I would suggest going thru the following to test the Internal and External IFD docs.microsoft.com/.../dn609803(v=crm.8).
If you check and verify the Internal and External links are working correctly, you should create a Support Request for Dynamics Support. serviceshub.microsoft.com/.../contactsupport
Brandon, thanks for replying.
We actually figured it out yesterday: for security reasons all SSL certificates company-wide had been exchanged recently. Apparently this procedure disables the OAuth interface of Dynamics 365. That's what caused the authentication issue I described.
Thanks Dennis, I am glad that you resolved the issue. Based on the information you provided I will sent this to our Support and Engineering teams as the documentation doesn't seem to include this scenario.
Business Applications communities