Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hello there, I came to all of yours with my new ghost in the system, we find some accounts where the owner was Updated (not assigned) by a user we have only to trigger workflows or plugins. The funny part is the update was triggered on behalf of this user by a normal user, for me this means we have an Workflow or an Plugin to update the Owner of the account that runs with this user and the normal user do an action to trigger the Workflow/Plugin, however we do not have anything in our system that only update the owner of the Account, I already verify the system active workflows, the registered plugins and the steps, I even check the system jobs and the plugin-trace and didn't fine any clue about how this happens.
looks like this is only happening with certain specific users, not with all of them.
Do you have other idea about how I can identify the origin of this changes?
Could be this related to the Outlook plugin? maybe the user have in his local database (off-line) that the account is owned by x user and when he is only is sending the request to update the owner in CRM? but if that is the case why was did it on behalf of the user we have only for the Workflows and Plugins?
Could be this be an issue in the version 184.108.40.206?
Looking forward to hear about your ideas soon
I faced some similar issue some time ago and the issue was a plugin registered to run on the outlook client.
My recommendation is grab a couple of the users affected, then, monitor all the things that the user is doing.
Have you detected if the owners are being changed at the same time during the day?
A key over here try to find a trend.
Hi Johao, I have the same feeling that the changes are triggered by the outlook client, but I already verified the entire system and not found any plugin registered for the Outlook plugin or even to only modify the owner of the account. And yes all the changes happens at the same day at the same time.
Under this scenario I would recommend you open a ticket with Microsoft Support if needed. A deeper investigation seems to be needed to understand what is causing the issue.
Do to the recent investigations we realize that our users start to work with Parent Accounts, and we have a customization in our system to recalculate some figures, but the plugin was developed to is always sending all the Account fields (this is wrong and we need to fix it), so, means the owner is submitted again and is updating the child Account ownership.
Thank you to all for you time and support.
Hello Victor, thanks for sharing. Is a fantastic finding.
Business Applications communities