Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm currently using 365 (v9.0.2). I have a dev and prod environment with an "Outgoing SMTP" profile configured in each.
The outgoing method for e-mail is to use server side synchronization. Recently my production envrionment has stopped e-mailing any external contacts/leads through my workflows. I created a simple on-demand workflow to test and sure enough it's only e-mailing any internal addresses. To ensure that there wasn't something that might have changed with the SMTP server, I tested the created the exact same workflow in Dev and I AM receiving the e-mails.
I'm not overly familiar with troubleshooting the server-side synchronization piece. Is there any service that I can restart (I tried the ASYNC service, but that had no change). Just looking for a little insight as to what might cause it to all of a sudden stop processing e-mails for e-mail addresses that are external.
Any insight you can provide would be very helpful.
I hope you are well.
First test would be create an email outside the workflow logic and use an external party.
Have you confirm if your SMTP server is working fine?
Moreover, about SSS troubleshooting, yes, Async Service is responsible to manage the integration. You can enable traces for D365 (CRM) in verbose mode, focusing on Async flow and confirm what is going on.
Link to manage tracing: support.microsoft.com/.../how-to-enable-tracing-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm
Moreover, for D365 On-Premises users, you will find SyncDiagnosticTool.exe in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Server\bin folder.
Run Verbose Traces for D365 Server than run this tool from command prompt, specifying the GUID of the organization and the GUID of the mailbox (both can be taken easily via SQL Query in MSCRM_CONFIG and organization database > Mailbox table).
I totally forgot to follow up on this. So in parallel with this question, I also did throw one over to our mail server admins. It turns out (and not sure who, why, or if it was just an accident), my production server was moved into a "Do Not Allow" list. Once that was resolved I was all good. That said - your answer is perfect and I am going to mark it as the solution so that others who may have issues can follow your suggestions.
Business Applications communities