Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
1. Is it a bad idea to make customizations to the default "Opportunity Sales Process" rather than duplicating it and making customizations there?
2. If I do make a second process how do I make it the defaulted to process that my firm uses?
3. If I want to rename the "Develop" stage to "Contracts" do I need to make a new category?
Thank you for your time.
1. No, there is no problem or impact by updating the default BPF however you will not able to redefine category for example. So maybe it can be a good idea to copy or create new BPF with the stages you want.
2. You can redefine the default BPF these ways:
- Follow this process by controlling by roles: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/business-process-flows-overview#control-which-business-process-flow-will-be-applied
- Open UCI Sitemap Designer and select only the Business Process Flows you want to render.
3. You can rename the categories in the global option set. Or you can additional ones with the name you need.
Remembering that if you rename the category it may affect old records that are already created.
See more details here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/create-business-process-flow#other-things-to-know-about-business-process-flows
Hope that helps.
Thank you Flávia.
Business Applications communities