Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 2 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have a strange issue with CRM where I have setup claims based authentication connecting to the wrong URL for ADFS.
Claims Based Auth setp OK, and thought all is OK, but when I try and connect to CRM, I get redirected to the wrong URL.
ADFS and CRM are installed on different Windows 2016 VMs, and all local DNS is set correctly.
Eg, (domain name changed) If I go to https://internal.domain.com, instead of being redirected to https://adfs.domain.com/adfs etc it tries to connect to https://domain.com/adfs etc instead!
Interesting if I set the DNS A record for domain.com to point to the ADFS server it does work as expected.
The federation URL set as part of CBA is set to https://adfs.domain.com/federationmetadata/2007-06/federationmetadata.xml
Hope you are well.
Would like to confirm if IFD setup is done as well.
Apparently some configuration is not good.
Eventually you can collect Fiddler traces and confirm the HTTP 302 redirects.
Moreover, check the Relying Party Trust's identifies from ADFS side, confirm that internal one has just internal URL (from Deployment Manager > Server properties > Web Address) and external RPT has the proper identifies, such as: dev URL, org URL, auth URL.
Dynamics 365 Claims-based/IFD setup:
Thanks for the message Gustavo.
I have actually just solved this today, I found the FEDERATION SERVICE NAME was set wrong in the EDIT FEDERATION SERVICE PROPERTIES screen.
This was showing as domain.com rather than adfs.domain.com
I re-ran the Claims & IFD setup on CRM server and all now working OK.
Business Applications communities