Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
We are using Dynamics 365 sales and Dynamics 365 customer module.
use case: We have different queues related to the application. sales app has Queue "X" and the Customer app has "Y" queue. Now, customers with both application access can see both "X" and "Y" queues on the Queue view screen (as shown below).
We have a requirement that even when people have access to both the application, they can see only a specific queue related to the application. e.g. when u r in the sales app then in Queue view user can see only "X" queue and vice versa. If it's not possible then we want that when users select a queue that belongs to a different application we can give them a warning message.
You need achieve this using the help of security role, please refer to the article below
Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Mohamed Sanuj Basheer
You can follow the next steps to achieve your request:
1. Create a custom field which specifies where the queue is to be displayed in Queue entity.
It means that you have to change the option manually when creating or updating the Queue to qualify which app it is displayed in.
2. Create 2 views determined by the field added above for Queue entities.
3. Open the App Designer.
4. Find the Queue entity in the Entity View.
5. Tick the view for the specific app only in the Public Views.
6. Save and publish it. Then you can only see the specific queue in the specific app.
7. What’s more, in the situation like the picture you provided, the entity which is selected to the subarea in App Design is Queue Item instead of Queue.
So you need to change it into ‘Queue’ to only show the queue for Customer.
Hope this will help you.
Sounds very promising to me and quite sure it will solve the issue, thanks a lot for taking the time to look into it.
Business Applications communities