Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I would like to create CAV files for everything of importance (contacts, accounts, cases, activities, etc.) out of MACRM 4.0similar to how the sample data files are structured for selective re-importation into a custom application made by my information technology services department
I’ve been advised what data, what fields, etc. I just need to get the data out for analysis, enhancement, and other purposes.
any idea how to do this would be wonderful
Well here’s an update:
Here’s what I found is the best way I was able to find to get my records out of CRM 4.0. The process is a bit convoluted, but unless someone can point me in the direction of a different process, this is the best I could come up with.
It is important to recognize that this procedure will not only get your data out of CRM as a CSV file, but is also preparing for that same data to be re-imported into a different CRM 4.0 instance such as in the extreme case of a customization gone wrong. If you do not need to re-import your data into CRM, please feel free to skip steps five through eight.
0. Export all customizations in Settings > Customization > Export Customizations. Also TAKE A FULL Backup of <Org>_MSCRM And any customizations through 3rd parties (like those by c360).
1. Create a view using advanced find on the entity you want to export. While you are creating this view, make sure that the columns you wish to export in your CSV file are displayed on the view using the button at the top called columns.
2. Select all rows generated by that advanced find and click on the Excel icon on the toolbar to export
Be sure to choose the static worksheet item
3. Open your newly-downloaded xls and check that it’s exactly the way you want.
4. Save the file as a CSV from File > Save As…
5. Create a data map at Settings > Data Management > Data Maps
6. Give your data map a name and in the fields area upload your freshly exported CSV and map each field on the extreme left (this matched a field in your CSV) to a field in your database by selecting the row and then double clicking the field in the far right column (thus saying the data in fieldXX in my CSV is equal to FieldYY in the database).
7. Save your data map then export it as an XML
To use your data map(s) and CSV File(s) to re-import into another MSCRM:
8. Upload any customizations via Settings > Customizations > Import Customizations. Also be sure to upload any other customizations such as those by c360 using their install procedures.
8. Use the data migration wizard along with your data Map(s) and exported CSV File(s) to import into a new MS CRM.
Business Applications communities