The menu item with the name XXX could not be opened

Question Status

Verified
Ajay Patalyantri asked a question on 28 Apr 2017 12:27 AM

Hi all, 

I am trying to do consolidations. I have created one Consolidation legal entity and set up the automatic posting profiles. Also set up the ledger as well. While doing consolidate online for the option. I am getting following error " The menu item with the name ledgerconsolidate2 could not be opened. 

Attaching the screen shot of error message. 

Can anybody help me in this ?

Thanks & regards 

Ajay

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 28 Apr 2017 3:28 PM

Hi Ajay,

Can you provide information about the security role you are using and the exact application version number? Have you also checked LCS Issue search? A quick search from my side does not give information about a known issue.

Ajay Patalyantri responded on 28 Apr 2017 11:59 PM

Hi André,

Thanks for responding. Security role I have is Admin and version is D365 operations. What issues should I check in LCS ?

Thanks & regards

Ajay P

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 1 May 2017 3:42 AM

Hi Ajay,

You can use some keywords on issue search like "Consolidation". Then filter out the products/versions which are not relevant for your search.

Ajay Patalyantri responded on 1 May 2017 10:43 PM

Hi André,

Thanks for suggestion. I will try to search accordingly.

Thanks & regards

Ajay P

Jaroslaw responded on 22 May 2017 3:11 AM

Hi Ajay,

I am facing the same problem. Have you managed to resolve this issue?

Could you share your findings?

Thanks

Kind regards

Jaroslaw

Suggested Answer
Nagendra Varma K responded on 22 May 2017 4:31 AM

HI Ajay,

Can you double check in the application functionalities and configuration checklist, whether the advance GL config keys are enabled, Try to check whether config keys related to the menu item or form are enabled in the first phase.

Thanks

Nagendra Varma K

Verified Answer
Ajay Patalyantri responded on 22 May 2017 4:40 AM

Hi Jaroslaw,

Are you getting this error during consolidations only ?

For error during consolidations

I rechecked my Consolidation setups and I found number sequence were not setup in General Ledger - > General Ledger Parameter - > Number Sequence

I did it then error got rectified

Other setup which you need to check are

1] Organization Administration -> Common -> Legal Entity -> General Tab check " Use for Financial Consolidation Process"

2] General Ledger -> Set up -> Ledger

3] Accounts set up automatic posting in General Ledger

4] If you are using Elimination in same Legal Entity then Elimination set ups as well

Thanks & regards

Ajay P

Ajay Patalyantri responded on 22 May 2017 5:30 AM

Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for your reply. But my error got rectified. I will check these configuration keys as well. It should not generate any errors because of this in future. :)

Thanks & regards

Ajay P

Saurabh Mukherjee responded on 6 Oct 2017 2:26 PM

Can you please share how the issue was resolved. I am also facing the same issue with PurchTable form.

Error - The menu item with name purchtablelistpage could not be opened.

Verified Answer
Ajay Patalyantri responded on 22 May 2017 4:40 AM

Hi Jaroslaw,

Are you getting this error during consolidations only ?

For error during consolidations

I rechecked my Consolidation setups and I found number sequence were not setup in General Ledger - > General Ledger Parameter - > Number Sequence

I did it then error got rectified

Other setup which you need to check are

1] Organization Administration -> Common -> Legal Entity -> General Tab check " Use for Financial Consolidation Process"

2] General Ledger -> Set up -> Ledger

3] Accounts set up automatic posting in General Ledger

4] If you are using Elimination in same Legal Entity then Elimination set ups as well

Thanks & regards

Ajay P

Suggested Answer
Nagendra Varma K responded on 22 May 2017 4:31 AM

HI Ajay,

Can you double check in the application functionalities and configuration checklist, whether the advance GL config keys are enabled, Try to check whether config keys related to the menu item or form are enabled in the first phase.

Thanks

Nagendra Varma K