Accounting Distribution on Fixed Asset

Question Status

Verified
Haruka Matsumoto asked a question on 5 Oct 2017 6:48 PM

Hi team

My customer wants to distribute FA costs to multiple projects which will be defined in financial dimension.

For example, they buy a car at $2400, depreciate over 5 years, use the car with 2 different projects.

Then...

(1) Could the acquisition cost  be distributed to each project? 

i.e. )  Account # 1210 FA-Vehicle  +2400:

Project X +1200

Project Y + 1200

(2) Could the depreciation be distributed to each project?

i.e) Account # 5300 Depreciation cost + 40

Project X +20

Project Y + 20

Account # 1800 Accumulated Depreciation -40

Project X -20

Project Y -20

If such depreciation are supported for FA, could you tell me how to?

Thank you,

Haruka

Verified Answer
Syed Fasih Ur Rehman responded on 6 Oct 2017 12:28 PM

The fixed asset is tagged to a value model for transaction recording purposes. One value model can only be tagged to just 1 project dimension at a time. Therefore, all transactions will have to be posted in 1 dimension and then you can use ledger allocation rule to allocate to other project dimension.

Please mark the answer as verified if this resolves your query.

Haruka Matsumoto responded on 6 Oct 2017 5:10 PM

Thank you Syed. I understand the desired steps and think it works for our requirement.

Just knowledge sharing purpose but here's the detail steps to built 'Ledger Allocation Rule' which Syed talked about.

stoneridgesoftware.com/allocation-rules-vs-ledger-allocation-rules-in-ax-2012-part-2

Verified Answer
Syed Fasih Ur Rehman responded on 6 Oct 2017 12:28 PM

The fixed asset is tagged to a value model for transaction recording purposes. One value model can only be tagged to just 1 project dimension at a time. Therefore, all transactions will have to be posted in 1 dimension and then you can use ledger allocation rule to allocate to other project dimension.

Please mark the answer as verified if this resolves your query.