SBX - Forum Post Title

Sure step won't download

Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step

Ben Hosking asked a question on 5 Jan 2016 5:57 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I go here

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/northamerica/SureStep/downloads/service-packs/MSDSureStepdownloads

I'm logged in with my partnersource account

I clicked the download

Download

Install Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2012 
(328 MB - .exe)

It fires up this link

https://mbs2.microsoft.com/fileexchange/?fileID=d9a5a005-484c-441a-9cde-1df2ecdc5567

It then creates an unexpected error

Our apologies...An unexpected error occurred.

In order to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, please contact support and reference error ID: 5019b252-8f91-44f6-833d-03239be06d7f.

Ben Hosking responded on 5 Jan 2016 7:53 AM
My Badges

Also I get the same error when I try to launch sure step online

Jovan Bulajic responded on 8 Jan 2016 8:49 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Downloads at Partner/Customer Source are using Microsoft File Transfer Manager (FTM), which is an outdated ActiveX control that often causes troubles. To resolve this, you can try the following:

• Download and install FTM manually (download link: http://transfers.one.microsoft.com/ftm/TransferSource/FTMSetup.msi);
  • Use the Internet Explorer for downloads (it might not work with other browsers);
  • Turn off the Pop-Up Blocker in IE (in menu Tools -> PopUp Blocker);
  • Change settings in Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced ->Security, enable option "Allow Software to run or install even if the signature is invalid";
  • Check if other settings could be blocking ActiveX controls (Tools -> Internet options -> Security -> Custom level) and e.g. change "Disable" to "Prompt" (if your security policy allows changes).

After that, you can try to download the Sure Step again - it should ask you to confirm the ActiveX control and then pop up the FTM dialog to start the download.

Ben Hosking responded on 13 Jan 2016 5:33 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I found the cause of this problem was due to not being setup on partnersource correctly.

The main problem is this wasn't obvious based on the error messages.

I got my partner source details setup correctly and I could download and access Sure Step online

Oksana Kovaliova responded on 29 Jan 2016 6:25 AM
My Badges

Hi Ben,

Could you, please, describe what changes you did in your partner source setup to fix the issue?  

I have similar issue and tried a lot of things to fix it but without success :(

Thank you

Ronald McVicar responded on 19 Sep 2016 8:18 AM
My Badges

Did anyone ever reply to this one?  Is SureStep 2012 for SharePoint Online a discontinued product I can not get it uploaded and working with Office 365 E5 SharePoint Online.

Amit Sobti responded on 22 May 2018 2:25 AM
My Badges

Is Sure Step not in action any more?

Amit Sobti responded on 22 May 2018 2:26 AM
My Badges

Have you downloaded the sure step?

Jovan Bulajic responded on 8 Jan 2016 8:49 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Downloads at Partner/Customer Source are using Microsoft File Transfer Manager (FTM), which is an outdated ActiveX control that often causes troubles. To resolve this, you can try the following:

• Download and install FTM manually (download link: http://transfers.one.microsoft.com/ftm/TransferSource/FTMSetup.msi);
  • Use the Internet Explorer for downloads (it might not work with other browsers);
  • Turn off the Pop-Up Blocker in IE (in menu Tools -> PopUp Blocker);
  • Change settings in Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced ->Security, enable option "Allow Software to run or install even if the signature is invalid";
  • Check if other settings could be blocking ActiveX controls (Tools -> Internet options -> Security -> Custom level) and e.g. change "Disable" to "Prompt" (if your security policy allows changes).

After that, you can try to download the Sure Step again - it should ask you to confirm the ActiveX control and then pop up the FTM dialog to start the download.

Ben Hosking responded on 13 Jan 2016 5:33 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I found the cause of this problem was due to not being setup on partnersource correctly.

The main problem is this wasn't obvious based on the error messages.

I got my partner source details setup correctly and I could download and access Sure Step online

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS