SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Sure Step 2012 - Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange System

Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step

Gwen B. asked a question on 26 Nov 2013 11:49 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hello,

When I try to download Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2012 in IE, Firefox, and Chrome, I get this message:

Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange System

Your file will begin downloading momentarily.

If the file doesn't automatically download, ensure you have installed the Active X control. To install the Active X control please be sure you have pop-ups enabled for this site.

What Active X control?

Please advise.

Thanks

Gwen

UMESH PANDIT responded on 15 Jan 2014 11:57 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Gwen,

User, IE and the follow the steps to enable the ActiveX so that you can download the Sure Step 2012 - Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange System

Check this link for the enabling the ActiveX.

windows.microsoft.com/.../ie-activex

What is an ActiveX control?

ActiveX is a software component of Microsoft Windows. If you have Internet Explorer, then ActiveX is already installed on your computer. ActiveX controls are small programs, sometimes called add-ons that are used on the Internet. They can enhance your browsing experience by allowing animation or they can help with tasks such as installing security updates at Microsoft Update.

You can decide whether or not you want to download ActiveX controls on a case by case basis. Some websites require you to install ActiveX controls to view or perform certain tasks on them, but there can be potential risks. Cybercriminals may develop their own ActiveX controls and can damage computers if users visit web pages that contain malicious ActiveX software.

When you visit a site that uses an ActiveX control, Internet Explorer asks if you want to install the ActiveX control. You can then choose to install the ActiveX control or learn about the risks. Click Don't run if you do not trust the website and publisher.

Gwen B. responded on 17 Jan 2014 3:23 PM

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  Work around - tried another computer and it worked.

Thanks!!

Sam Parekh responded on 18 Aug 2014 11:36 AM

I have the same problem. The file can be downloaded on a different computer but not my laptop. Looks like it is a settings issue.

Ricardo Camejo responded on 28 Oct 2014 1:39 PM

If the file doesn't automatically download, ensure you have installed the Active X control. To install the Active X control please be sure you have pop-ups enabled for this site.       

try this link

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/Global/AX/learning/documentation/installation-setup-guides/SureStepLanguagePack

KevinP responded on 9 Jul 2015 12:01 PM

I have the same problem and none of solutions provided have helped.

Lars Hammersholt responded on 17 Oct 2015 3:52 PM

I have the same issue when attempting to dowload Navision 2015 with IE 11. All the Active X settings are correct. Yet nothing happens when I click the download link

Béat Bucher responded on 19 Jan 2016 11:33 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Though this thread is pretty old now, people may routinely come across this issue, since Microsoft has not updated its File Transfer Manager (aka File Exchange) tool for a while..

User that face the situation where the FTM does not kick in when the MS site tries to download a file may be due to the IE 11 compatibility view settings.. By default this is 'on' and will prevent the FTM to trigger..

Go to :  Tools > Compatibility View Settings > Clear the box "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View"  & Check the box "Use Microsoft compatibility lists".

If you encounter some issues with older web site (either Intranet or Extranet) that don't display too well, try to add the website to the CV list in that window.

Sylvain Menard responded on 20 Sep 2016 11:47 AM

Beat's solution worked for me

Thanks,

Sylvain

Jason Parente responded on 6 Oct 2016 3:18 PM

Hey Sylvain,

where did you download from... I only get a 404 error...

thanks,

UMESH PANDIT responded on 15 Jan 2014 11:57 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Gwen,

User, IE and the follow the steps to enable the ActiveX so that you can download the Sure Step 2012 - Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange System

Check this link for the enabling the ActiveX.

windows.microsoft.com/.../ie-activex

What is an ActiveX control?

ActiveX is a software component of Microsoft Windows. If you have Internet Explorer, then ActiveX is already installed on your computer. ActiveX controls are small programs, sometimes called add-ons that are used on the Internet. They can enhance your browsing experience by allowing animation or they can help with tasks such as installing security updates at Microsoft Update.

You can decide whether or not you want to download ActiveX controls on a case by case basis. Some websites require you to install ActiveX controls to view or perform certain tasks on them, but there can be potential risks. Cybercriminals may develop their own ActiveX controls and can damage computers if users visit web pages that contain malicious ActiveX software.

When you visit a site that uses an ActiveX control, Internet Explorer asks if you want to install the ActiveX control. You can then choose to install the ActiveX control or learn about the risks. Click Don't run if you do not trust the website and publisher.

Béat Bucher responded on 19 Jan 2016 11:33 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Though this thread is pretty old now, people may routinely come across this issue, since Microsoft has not updated its File Transfer Manager (aka File Exchange) tool for a while..

User that face the situation where the FTM does not kick in when the MS site tries to download a file may be due to the IE 11 compatibility view settings.. By default this is 'on' and will prevent the FTM to trigger..

Go to :  Tools > Compatibility View Settings > Clear the box "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View"  & Check the box "Use Microsoft compatibility lists".

If you encounter some issues with older web site (either Intranet or Extranet) that don't display too well, try to add the website to the CV list in that window.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS